COUNTRY_OF_REMEDY: CANADA
INGREDIENTS: water, vicks
INSTRUCTIONS: 1. Take a pot, pour water until half the pot is filled
with it
2. let the water boil
3. Add some vicks
3. cover with lid, so steam or vicks smell does not escape
4. take towel and place over head
5. lean over the pot, with towel covering both your head and the pot (letting no steam escape), inhale and exhale through nose

it really works!

11-Aug-06 at 06:50 PM:

NAME: Sandi Poulimenos
EMAIL: neadAhobby@msn.com
COUNTRY_OF_REMEDY: USA

INGREDIENTS: 2 Peppermint Altoids.
INSTRUCTIONS: Chew or let disolve, both ways work to clear sinuses.

05-Aug-06 at 05:55 PM:
SUBJECT: Home Remedy
NAME: Amanda
EMAIL: twoworlds07@gmail.com
COUNTRY_OF_REMEDY: Canada

INGREDIENTS: A dime or penny.
INSTRUCTIONS: If you have a cold or some other reason that completely stuffs up both sides of your nose, there's a simple remedy to clear up ONE SIDE of your nose in a matter of seconds.Grab a penny or dime, preferably the penny. Larger coins don't work as well, but if they're all you've got, use them.Lay down on the floor on your back - not the bed, or the couch, but the floor - and lay the coin directly on top of your nose.If it helps, close your eyes. Imagine the coin turning either clockwise or counter-clockwise, depending on if you're right or left handed. (So if you're right handed, imagine the coin turning to the right side, or opposite for those of us who are left handed.)Once you feel the coin turn, sit up quickly - without removing the coin first - and breathe in.The side of your nose that you imagined the coin turning towards will be clear, giving you room to breathe!Sounds weird, but it works! Especially good if you're in a hurry. It only takes a few seconds to a minute.

05-Aug-06 at 12:32 PM:
NAME: nadz
COUNTRY_OF_REMEDY: USA

INGREDIENTS: water
INSTRUCTIONS: My cousin told me this remedy that he learned form a friend in Pharm School. One reason that your nose might be stuffy is because your nose is too dry, so just have a droplet of water dangling off the tip of your nose. The way I usually do it is dip my finger in water, and really fast touch the base of my nose between my eyes. A few drops will fall off your nose but usually one will end up dangling on the tip of my nose. Repeat when the drop disappears.

05-Jul-06 at 08:33 AM:
NAME: Maria
EMAIL: indigocharm@hotmail.com
COUNTRY_OF_REMEDY: Russia?

INGREDIENTS: one clove of garlic (or more if needed)
or a piece of an onion
little bit of honey
a piece of an aloe plant (just the tip of a leaf thingie)
INSTRUCTIONS: This is what my grandmother did for me when I had a stuffy nose. Grind up the garlic so the juice comes out, mix it up with honey and squeeze out a bit of the juice from the aloe plant into the mixture. Then soak two cotton balls in this and stick them up your nostrils... Maybe five or ten minutes? It works quite well.

Date: Monday, November 21, 2005
Time: 8:19 PM EST
Diamond
Country of Remedy: USA

Ingredients: A cup of hot water
A cold bath cloth
Instructions: First you stand up straight and put the cup of hot water to your nose. Then you suck in the water. The water might burn a little like water would burn if you were swimming and you got alot of water in you nose. After that you blow your nose in the cold bath cloth. You might want to do that every 4 hours.

Date: Monday, September 26, 2005
Time: 7:01 AM EST
euonymous

Instructions: I found your web site in my periodic search for tinnitus solutions.Lots of interesting things on your site. I'll leave you with a
suggestion regarding "stuffy noses"... it took me years to learn this... If you have a continually runny or stuffy nose there is a chance you have a slight alergy to milk. I grew up with a runny nose and did not know I had an alergy until I was in my 30's. A doctor suggested that might be the problem and it was. Why no other doctors had ever suggested that I'll never know. I now use soy milk instead of cow's milk with cereal. Modest use of regular yoghurt and cheeses don't seem to cause a runny nose, but cow's milk can be an alergy problem. Try not drinking any milk for a week and see if your runny nose clears up.PLEASE, do not use my name or email address. You can sign me "euonymous". Thanks.

Date: Wednesday, May 25, 2005
Time: 9:13 PM EST
Sabrina

Ingredients: water
tissue
Instructions: This is going to sound realy weird but you pour a glass of water down your nose and then just blow your nose. It realy works!

Date: Tuesday, January 11, 2005
Time: 6:31 PM EST
tommy

Ingredients: gum
Instructions: chew any really strong minty gum...dentyne ice seems to
work really good...but yea any really strong mint gum will clear up your
nose...

Date: Friday, November 19, 2004
Time: 7:52 PM EST
Mike
email_address: mtn02662@aol.com
Country of Remedy: Uited StateS oF AMERICA

Ingredients: 1/3 Cup Jalepeno Pepper Juice
2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
A big glob of Horse raddish
A pich of Salt
Butter **USED SEPERATLEY**
Instructions: Add all the Ingredients (EXCEPT THE BUTTER) in a small to medium sized sauce pan and Fill the rest with water. Let it come to a rolling boil. Put the pan on the table make a tent over your face with a Towel and inhale deeply untill the steam is gone. The smear Butter inbetween your eyes and let it sit for 5 minutes. It smells absolutley wretched but it not only clears out your sinuses at that time but it will keep them clear for a few hours to come. Trust me on this one people. I have been a certified hippie for 31 years.

Date: Wednesday, March 31, 2004
Time: 5:15 AM EST
Email address: LAURA
Subject: Home RemedyCountry of Remedy: USA
Name of Remedy: STUFFY NOSE SINUSES
Ingredients: APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
Instructions: ALL YOU NEED IS 1/2 CUP OF APPLE CIDER VINEGAR, 1/2 CUP WATER. PUT ON MICROWAVE ON HIGH UNTIL BOILING. MAKE A TENT OVER THE BOWL AND BREATH IN THE STEAM. IT SMELLS AWFUL BUT EVERYTHING BEGINS TO RUN, EYES, NOSE... THIS WILL FIX YOU RIGHT UP.

Date: Thursday, January 29, 2004
Time: 9:19 AM EST
Eleanor
email_address: eryall00007@hotmail.com
Country of Remedy: Newfoundland, Ca
nada

Ingredients: Butter
Instructions: When we were little kids and had a stuffy nose, my mom would rub butter on the upper bridge of our nose (between the eyes) before we retired for bed. For some reason it kept the airways open. We could breath at night and had a restful sleep. I have to this day used the butter method. It works.

Put normal saline in a small squirt bottle, and squirt some in your nose with you head hanging over the bed closing one nostril put as much in till you can't get more in, then do the other side, breathe thru your moth while you wait awile. Then sit up and blow, you'll find you can clear the congestion, and you can breathe again. Much better than taking decongestants and their side
effects. If you're an advocate of colloidal silver add some of that to your squirt bottle. I use a squirt bottle that I used to use for my
contacts for this. Can even use this to work and bend your head back in Bathroom while on toilet seat if you don't want anyonewatching.
Derry
LasVegas, Nevada

http://www.susangaer.com/studentprojects/stuffy.htm

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.063 sec, (5)