CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Back & Starting Fast Tonight & Food Sobriety

SpeedingFasterIkata Views: 1,155
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,651,649

Re: Back & Starting Fast Tonight & Food Sobriety

Hi powerray,

I totally support your decision to go food sober and staying away from non triggering foods. Also - I very much relate to people wanting to influence the way you eat and bulldozing over your sensitivities. It can feel so isolating when people have such harsh judgments for something they have no experience with. They may act concerned and offer advice that results in more harm than benefit if followed. I think in a lot of ways they don't understand what it feels like to have such a strong reaction to food and they take it as an insult even though it has nothing to do with them. People feel comfortable with familiar ideas and surround themselves with validation of these ideas, so that if something doesn't fit it feels frightening to them and they may have a subconscious desire to sabotage it in order to sustain their notion of "truth".

And it often works on some level. When it happens with me, I might end up eating just to fit in, because it feels easier to say " You're right. See - I do what you do. Now leave me alone" than to stick out, so vulnerable and appearing a right state, a working mess because it always feels worse in the beginning and people will see that and think it proves that one should never step outside current dogmas. It can feel hard to get anywhere with what you know in your heart to matter when the opinions of others strike so deep a chord.

To get beyond public opinion and the initial state of withdrawal from addiction, for me, feels like the biggest hurdle, after which this will feel so much easier.

Thanks for this post. It has helped me to see that someone else faces these same issues.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.org

0.688 sec, (1)