CureZone   Log On   Join
Unripe fruit- nutrient dense or toxin loaded?

Renaissance Views: 3,044
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 164,606

Unripe fruit- nutrient dense or toxin loaded?

I know what you mean Hanna. I often find there is a choice between organic fruit which is really watery or unripe, eg avocados in former case and cucumber in latter OR non organic but ripe. I'm learning that, despite the chemical cocktail that non organic can offer the body, that its preferable to the other... a question of nutients plus poisons as opposed to no poisons but no nutrients AND AS IMPORTANTLY, antinutrients..which act like poisons anyway.

A well balanced body (I don't think I've met one yet ;) ) I'm sure would be up to detoxing the chemicals... up to a point and for a certain period of time, eg half a lifetime... GIVEN appropriate support in the form of adequate nutrition, including the most important nutrient, cellular oxygen.

I sometimes think I'd like to challenge.. not just the supermarkets to take out all non food items masquerading as food, but also the so called farmer's markets, greengrocers and such to 'give me my money back because you sold me fruit/veg which was not ripe and had no way of ripening off the plant and was therefore of no nutritional benefit to me whatsoever and in fact even did me some harm!'
Can you imagine the looks?! But what a case if it was won... any good lawyers out there?! So many are under the assumption that eating loads of fruit and veg is good for them.
Meat also has its own similar problems of course... eg I don't consider lamb to be ripe enough...always go for mutton. But at least if the meat is not aged enough we can tenderise it or cook it for long slow periods with plenty of water.. thereby making it digestible. We can avoid the hormones and Antibiotics by going for organic but that does not mean we get purely grass fed as nature intended. However life's a compromise!

Sorry for anyone reading this and thinking what's this got to do with the liver. But actually it has... I wonder if the liver can eventually get confused by what is nutrient to be stored and what is toxin to be eliminated, or get overwhelmed and throw out the baby with the bathwater. Hmmm.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.org

3.766 sec, (1)