CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Sadly ended

NutNut Views: 1,446
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,633,722

Re: Sadly ended

Keep at it powerray you'll get stronger with every attempt.

In examining my own food cravings (and it does require being ruthlessly honest with oneself) I discovered that I use food as a form of fulfillment. We are lucky us humans, we're not as nervous as other animals anymore, but we still have an underlying discontentment and uncertainty about one thing or another (spurring us on to achieve better) and depending on our upbringing we turn to different comforters for relief from it.

I've never been overweight, but always battled my appetite because I chose food (not drugs, alcohol, work, or relationships) as my comforter from whatever it is the perfectionist in me is discontented with now :-). So when I deny myself food I pine for it like a missed friend. I get lonely. There's a lot more to food (to any comforter) than just the consuming. There's the first delicious awakening urge (appetite) the daydreaming about with what, when and where we will satisfy our craving. If it's food there's the delicious savoring of flavors, the contentment after wards (if one managed not to overdo it) the relaxing of the whole CNS, the trillion thank yous from seemingly every cell in the body. The whole process is glorious, so anyone who says fasting (or abstaining from whatever one's chosen stress reliever is) is easy, is either not well or dissociated from the body.

So the first step to freedom from one's particular cravings is ruthless honesty with oneself and discovering that when it comes to 'your' body, no one and no event can sabotage what only your brain is capable of commanding. And in that lies the hidden freedom of being a better human body.

Go for it mate

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.org

1.281 sec, (1)