CureZone   Log On   Join
Interstitial Cystitis NSAIDs

jonnasaays Views: 12,239
Published: 14 y

Interstitial Cystitis NSAIDs

Hello,

I have had Interstitial Cystitis for almost 3 years now, and have done a tremendous amount of research on possible causes and treatments, and tried many natural treatments, but I am trying to avoid drug use at all costs. My latest topic of research is on NSAIDS and their ability to block enzymes which allow our body to produce prostaglandins that make up the bladder and gastrointestinal lining. (Therefore may act as a cause of Bladder Lining AND gastrointestinal lining defects (IBS). I think that this could be VERY possible as a cause of my IC and I am shocked that I didn't learn about this earlier. I went through a period where I used Ibprofen and Excederin often for headaches, and bladder infection pain. It is really painful to know that I took these things often and now I may be paying the price. I have read in another forum about a women with IC who feels that she has been cured by a drug called Cytotek, which I believe acts to upregulate the COX enzymes which produce prostaglandins (which NSAIDs destroy). I am hoping to find some natural alternatives that do something similar? I realize this may not be possible, and therefore would be willing to try the drug Cytotek, but I imagine finding a doctor willing to prescribe it will be extremely difficult. If anyone has any information regarding this topic, or suggestions, please let me know!!!

Thank you and take care!

Cana

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (1)