CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Disabilty

Views: 2,714
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,619,956

Re: Disabilty

I have applied for disability under chronic anxiety and panic attacks and have been denied twice. The next step is the hearing. Here is WI the hearings are so backed up that I will not get a hearing for two years! In the meantime I am at the mercy of others to support me. I have contacted a local law firm who fights for disability claims. The lawyer I spoke with said that it is extremely difficult to win for mental health issues, but that they will fight for me and they don't like to lose.

The reason I was denied benefits was because someone in the system, whom I never ever met, determined that I would be able to sit in a chair and watch pens go by on a production line 40 hours a week. There would be limited contact with others and basically I would just have to use my eyes. There 358 such of these jobs in WI. The lawyer said that there don't have to be any open positions for these jobs they determine I can do, they just have to exist. I told her, I would jump out of the window by the end of the first day just having to work in the proximity of others. It is really really sad.

So, the lawyer is having my current therapist fill out an extensive form that will hopefully detail my agoraphobia/panic/anxiety. Also, I am to keep a log of my anxiety, how many times I go out of the house, my restrictions, etc, etc.

I mean logically who would choose to go from making a decent living of $70+k to not working and having to rely on others??? It is a sad state for those with AF and mental health disorders. If my back was broke in half, I probably would have no issues getting disability.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.org

1.219 sec, (1)