Systemic loss of beffering power is a real problem but it is not the same as acidosis.
Also, it is not just hype as you claim.
Actually it is. Do you realize how many different methods the body has to deal with over acidity as well as over alkalinity? And do you realize how many acids are not only essential for our health but also for our existence? But people keep making it sound like acids are the death of us all, which just is not true. And it amazes me how many people promoting this myth don't have a clue what they are talking about. For example I once went to a lecture by this doctor about 15 years ago who was pushing the same message as well as products. He spent 2 hours talking about how lactic acid and oxalic acid were going to kill us with cancer and every other disease known. He even passed out a diet sheet for people to follow. When we had the opportunity to ask questions I asked him about the diet. I said you just spent 2 hours telling us about the dangers of acids including oxalic acid yet your diet recommends kale and spinach. He just said "yes, oxalic acid causes diseases like cancer". So I pointed out to him that kale and spinach are both high in oxalic acid. He just looked at me with a dumbfounded look. Apparently he was also unaware that lactic acid controls pathogens in the body and helps to prevent cancer. So this myth has been circulating for a very long time and keeps getting promoted by people with no clue of how the body works or how disease forms.
You are right to say do not rush. It took me a couple of years to fix my pH. My recipe for alkaline water has been posted several times and it is free and cheap.
There used to be another poster on here who had an alkaline drink that he also claimed was free and cheap, which I find rather funny because it cannot be both. Either it is free or you have to buy ingredients that are cheap. What this poster really failed to tell people was that is was also very dangerous. In fact a number of people wrote to me to ask me advice on what to do when they suffered adverse reactions to the drink. One of the ingredients for the drink was calcium oxide/hydroxide (lime), which happens to be very caustic. In fact all hydroxides (OH) are not only caustic and burn the tissues, but they are also some of the strongest free radicals known. Then there is the problem of elevated serum calcium, which can cause high blood pressure, muscle cramping/spasms, constipation, etc. Another of the ingredients was black strap molasses, which is high in iron. Again iron feeds numerous pathogens and cancer cells. It also acts as a pro-oxidant in excess leading to even more free radical damage. This is why excess iron in the body is so dangerous. And unless you are a menstruating woman or are bleeding internally you have no efficient way of excreting excess iron. There is also the relatively common problem of hemochromotosis in which excess iron builds up in the body and can lead to death if not removed. If that was not enough danger there was also the fact that the drink would neutralize stomach acid, which can lead to a whole host of problems including pathogens entering through the digestive system, nutritional deficiencies, improper digestion of proteins that can lead to allergic reactions and even blood clots, etc.
So you know what is really free, and much safer since it will not cause the problems above? Deep breathing. This blows off carbon dioxide reducing carbonic acid levels.
When I first discovered my problem, my morning usine was below 5.8 and rarely got over 6.2 even after eating an alkaline producing meal. My salivary pH was also low.
My first morning urine is now between 7.0 and 7.2 and my saliva is 7.2. I am visibly healthier.
Neither urine pH nor salivary pH reflect the pH of the blood. Look up the physiology of these two and you will see what I mean. Salivary pH in particular since the pH of the saliva varies even with the types of food you eat. If you want to know what the pH of the blood is then you need a blood draw. And even that can change drastically in a matter of seconds. Again if you want to go really alkaline just hyperventilate for a short time. Not only will your blood be very alkaline, but you will find yourself on the ground as you pass out so the blood will go back to the brain, and you will stop breathing for a short period of time as the body tries to restore that acidity it needs to keep you upright.
The most important thing about restoring proper pH is to eat the right foods, avoid sugars and starches.
And what about all the acids of meat? Lactic acid, uric acid, amino acids, fatty acids..........
The body actually burns sugars for fuel releasing carbon dioxide, which forms carbonic acid that provides several beneficial tasks for the body such as maintaining blood flow to the brain and converting the highly toxic alkaline ammonia in to uric acid. Uric acid by the way happens to be one of the body's primary antioxidants.
This is why I encourage people to learn how the body really works before falling for these types of scams where they can really hurt themselves.