CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: 2 resistors?

Silver_Is_Money Views: 20,927
Published: 14 y

This is a reply to # 1,605,228

Re: 2 resistors?

The second resistor and the diode are only for temperature control. I can assure you that at the very low mA level of ionic silver production the water in the production vessel isn't going to do much (if any) measurable heating up, so in my opinion the temperature control loop is useless. If your room holds a steady temperature that is certainly good enough. And if your room temp varies a few degrees during the production cycle, and your constant current fluctuates by perhaps 10 uA to at the most up to about a maximum of 20 uA (about what I've seen during room temperature swings of 5 degrees F) it will not be of much concern. This is on the order of 1% to 2%, and current which is constant to within 2% is pretty well constant in my book. The temperature compensation loop is only for bragging rights.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (1)