CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: 70 different contrast agents? maybe not + other 'thinks n' thoughts'

Hveragerthi Views: 9,529
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,604,097

Re: 70 different contrast agents? maybe not + other 'thinks n' thoughts'

Before I begin, I would like to explain the 3 reasons I have for replying to this post.

1. I believe the data Hver offered about "70 different contrast agents" may be incorrect, and I wanted to post the data I found (in rust/red below) for the consideration of those reading...and of course, to
allow Hver/anyone to respond and correct anything in the data I'm offering if it's incorrect, or I've interpreted it incorrectly.

Did you know that even various juices such as orange juice and pineapple juice are also used as contrasting agents?:

www.spin-dr.com/website/MRI_class/MRContrastAgents.ppt

"Juices "Contrast agents" – orange juice (OJ), grapefruit juice (GJ), apple juice (AJ), pineapple juice (PJ), milk (M), prune juice (P), cranberry juice (CJ), blueberry and apple juice (BAJ), barium EZ Cat 2% w/v (B), dilute barium (50:50 with water) (DB), concentrated gastrografin (GG), ferumoxsil (F) "

There are more than 8 contrasting agents listed right there. Too bad people cannot do their homework before attacking others on these boards.

3. Very importantly, I feel we need to use this thread (and the extremely bad examples it contains), to remind us all (whether or not they're enforced), that CureZone does have a Terms of Service (TOS) and Posting Guidelines:

And yet you yourself, Wombat, Innercalm and your buddies have all taken every opportunity you can to lie about me and to attack me even though it was against TOS and off topic. Yep CZ really brings out the master hypocrites!!!

Personally, I find it unusual that anyone (not in 'debate/ego mode') would need "proof" that exposing the body to a magnetic force 50,000x higher than what is natural on the earth, has the potential to cause 'significant change or damage',

Key word is "potential". Oxygen has the POTENTIAL to kill you. Water has the POTENTIAL to kill you. Echinacea has the POTENTIAL to kill you..................  That is why evidence is nice. So what exactly is the percentage of people harmed by the use of MRIs compared to those not? And how many people have been helped by finding problems that were diagnosed by MRI such as deadly cancers, aneurysms, blockages, etc?

Yes, you've continually pointed this out, but you OMITTEDEVERY KNOWN OR POSSIBLE DANGER. :(  If you knew one of the common contrast agents could cause life-threatening kidney damage, you didn't inform the OP (original poster)

Again you are being misleading. First of all you are leaving out the fact that contrasting agents are not always used. And you are leaving out the fact that even if contrasting agents are used they are not all dangerous. How dangerous is orange juice? Or barium?  And if you really want to get down to reality the MRI is not the same thing as the contrasting agent. You and your buddies are confusing the two. Just because some surgeries require dangerous anethesia does this make anesthesia the surgery? Of course not. Does this mean that all surgeries require these anesthesias? Of course not. Is life full or risks? Of course. Do these risks include death from things going undiagnosed? Of course. So do you and the other Chicken Littles also run around warning about the numerous risks of driving a car including the inhaling of carbon monoxide? Or are you only focused on anything I say so you have another opportunity to attack me?

If you knew that MRI's are strongly contraindicated in the case of various implants (particularly pacemakers and many other devices or some kinds of metal implants, body piercings, etc), you did not point that out.

LOL!!!! If you have ever been around an MRI unit then you would know that piercings are removed before hand and that people are screened for other potential hazards to the patient and the machine. Oh should I have also have mentioned that it will wipe out your credit cards? So again have you been warning people about more predominant hazards such as driving or are you only focusing on me to pick another fight like you have in the past?

You did not point out that MRI's are ordered unnecessarily very frequently;

That was not what the topic or question was about. But tell me how often do you tell people that they take herbs like echinacea and goldenseal unnecessarily especially when echinacea can be very unstable and goldenseal has numerous side effects including destruction of the intestinal flora, damage to the intestinal lining and increasing of blood pressure? In fact I see you recommend products all the time that have all sorts of potential risks yet I never see you post warnings about them. So what herb do you have to treat your hypocritical nature?

nor did you point out any of the safer (to me) alternatives that the OP might choose to discuss with their physician).

This is a great example why I would NEVER follow your advice. What would you have recommended? As far as I go I would not recommend anything because unlike you I don't think I am psychic. The OP never said what the MRI was for. So I am not going to make other recommendations without knowing more. What if the OP had a brain mass? So I am supposed to guess as to what they have and recommend something like consult the psychic Uny to find out what is wrong with you? I don't think so!!!!! Only a complete fool would give advice on alternatives without knowing more about the potential problem. You are a great example of why there are so many dangers on CZ!!!

The original question was not "should I have one?" (which you seem to desperately trying to make be 'the point' of this thread). The original question was "do you all consider them safe?"  You clearly told the OP they are safe. Hence, several people felt that your incomplete information had the very real potential to cause harm. 

Again this was addressed already. Contrasting agents ARE NOT always used, not all are dangerous, and they are not the same thing as the MRI. But keep twisting things all you want to fit your needs. Most of the people on these boards are intelligent enough to understand the differences.

For you to assume I need to 'pay you back' or 'get over' something, when I am quite sure I have no need to pay you back or get over anything, is sad (and appears to be some blend of obsessive/compulsion or paranoia).

ROTFLMAO!!!! The hypocritical monster rears its ugly head again. What did you just post about the TOS and attacks?

Hver, the last time I posted to you was almost a year ago. And other than reading your posts in order to gather information to assist my learning & research (as I do any other posters), I have no more issue with you than any other poster on CZ.  

So how many other posters have you posted long attacking rants about in your forum where they cannot respond to your lies? So not just hypocritical but also an outright liar!!!

And attacking people personally (as you've done to me in this post and to Wombat, InnerCalm, Willowley and virtually everyone that has questioned or disagreed with you) is in direct violation of CureZone TOS...

You mean like your comment about obsessive/compulsion, paranoia? Again you show how much of a lying hypocrite you really are!!! And if you really paid attention to the thread and others I DID NOT start the attacks. Pointing out that MRIs DO NOT always use contrast IS NOT an attack, it IS a FACT!!! But you and the other hypocrites here had to turn that comment in to a debate by claiming that it was an attack then had to derail the topic as they said by changing the topic heading numerous times and making the thread an attack fest on me.

I am not going to bother with addressing the rest of the crap you posted. It is a waste of time.  You have already demonstrated your intent to make this in to a fight with your lies and hypocritical nature. I am not interested in fighting with a delusional lunatic. I come to these boards to help people by passing on the knowledge I have obtained on these topics over the last 31 years I have been working in the field. If helping people is a crime then I am guilty of that. But that is all. I did not start the attacks, the hypocrites accusing me did. And they seem to keep wanting to drag this thread through the mud with personal attacks on me despite complaining about the attacks against people on CZ. These hypocrites really need to take a good long hard look in the mirror then decide why they are really here. Is it to attack me to get their jollies or is it to really help people.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.org

2.219 sec, (9)