CureZone   Log On   Join
Unwashed seasalt

Renaissance Views: 1,471
Published: 12 years ago

Unwashed seasalt

Hi folks.
Been using Himalayan salt for some 5 months and thought I'd try Grey, unrefined Sea Salt in a solution (like sole) by way of a comparison.

When my Guerandais course Sea Salt arrived it looked ok until I put it in water to get the 26% solution... after a while a clay like substance was floating on the top and generally it looked like murky, dirty seawater with a miriad of suspended particles floating around (if you held it up to the light). A lot of it settles to the bottom after a while but it's still murky, unlike the clarity of the water in the sole solution.

Psychologically it quenches any desire to taste it. I understand the clay is what gives it the other minerals.. but what of 'other stuff from the sea' if it's unwashed?
Does anyone know whether a bacterial count has been done on the stuff, for example? Is this a bit like the emperor's new clothes?!

Thanks for any responses.
Concerned.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.org

0.469 sec, (1)