CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Prilosec OTC, digestive issues, etc..

Free Natural Teeth Restoration!
The Powder that heals, protects, remineralizes

More
More
Hveragerthi Views: 5,909
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,598,088

Re: Prilosec OTC, digestive issues, etc..

The bleeding ulcer. What are signs for that?

Of course pain, especially with irritating foods like cayenne. Anemia, which can also lead to fatigue, shortness of breath or dizziness in severe cases. Vomiting of bright red blood or curdled blood, which looks pretty much like coffee grounds. Blood in the stool will generally appear dark black and tarry.

I remember the first couple of days on prilosec I had kind of a subtle knot feeling in my stomach. Went away after a few days. Would that have been an ulcer?

It is possible. The inflammation that would have been present would have made the ulcer more sensitive to hard objects like a pill.

I know my eating habits/schedule need overhauled. But would some sort of gastric ulcer, or hiatial hernia be possible? I know its hard to say over the computer ultimately. But I really feel like I am getting hot on the trail to the problems. Thanks to you all of course.

Yes, these are always possibilities. A gastric ulcer will be harder to tell without endoscopy.  A hiatal hernia frequently creates a catching feeling at the base of the sternum/xyphi sternum, especially when swallowing harder substances. You can always take herbs for a gastric ulcer such as mastic gum and licorice root regardless to be on the safe side. They are not going to harm you. Also make sure to avoid any nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as aspirin, ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin, Nuprin, etc.), naproxen (Aleve), celecoxib (Celebrex), etc. NSAIDs are a very common cause of peptic ulcers and bleeding ulcers due to their inhibition of prostaglandins needed to form the stomach's protective lining.

One other question on the zinc. Is it OK to have it in a mineral complex? I have a calcium, mag, zinc supplement. With 30 mgs of zinc. Could I just up that dose? Or stick with upping just zinc?

Taking zinc in a complex is fine. And you can either take the complex several times a day or take additional zinc.

Does it matter if there is copper?

This is actually good if you can find the combination. For 50mg zinc there should be roughly 2mg or so of copper.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.org

6.156 sec, (2)