CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Hv's answer on GERD: (You can search his forum for more)

Free Dentist Alternative!
Professional Powder beats Fluoride!

More
More
Hveragerthi Views: 6,280
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,597,071

Re: Hv's answer on GERD: (You can search his forum for more)

What type of zinc?

Zinc gluconate is fine, or zinc picolinate. If you can find a 50mg zinc with roughly 2mg copper this is even better. Main thing is to take it with plenty of food in your stomach to prevent nausea.

Which of the bitters is the best?

I normally recommend Grape Bitters (Planetary Formulas) because it does not have the camphor or stimulant laxatives found in Swedish Bitters. Someone also mentioned Chinese Bitters, which only has gentian root. This would also be a great choice.

I appreciate your help. Sorry for being so annoyed. I just cannot stand self righteous forum geek/nerds who won't help newer people and just tell them (with their pitty little self righteous attitude) to search. I have searched but am asking for further help.

Is there any particular brand of Bitters that is good that is found in the majority of shops? IE Jarrow, NOW, Twin Labs, etc...

The Grape Bitters are very common in stores or on the net. Not sure where the Chinese Bitters are sold. Here is an example for the Grape Bitters:

http://www.iherb.com/Planetary-Herbals-Digestive-Grape-Bitters-8-fl-oz-236-56...

What about diet? Foods to eat, foods to stay clear from?

Explained this in my last post.

Is apple cider vinegar obsolete in this quest to fix digestive issues?

Raw apple cider vinegar is good to a point. It is rich in nutrients and can help with digestion and absorption. But for the long term I still prefer to allow the body to generate its own acid, and not continually substitute for it.  If you do use ACV remember to rinse the teeth afterward to avoid enamel damage from the acid.

One other note. The bitters are the best choice for the long term. Not only will they raise stomach acid but they also increase enzymes, bile, cleanse the liver and have a mild stimulatory effect on the intestines. These in turn can help with digestion and absorption, reducing gastrointestinal infections, reducing fermentation, lowering cholesterol, balancing the hormones, detoxing the body, preventing gallstones, etc. So you also get a lot more benefit from bitters over ACV.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.org

3.313 sec, (2)