CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: might be true for some, but not others. do your homework people, get tested first...

chrisb1 Views: 3,831
Published: 14 y

This is a reply to # 1,595,997

Re: might be true for some, but not others. do your homework people, get tested first...

John,
with all due respect, it is difficult to take you seriously concerning your alleged VDR blockage, when you have yet to provide any proof or evidence that this was the case.

This website lists most if not all of the independent research studies on Vitamin D, but I can find no mention of VDR's being blocked except for a minority of people with certain health conditions.
http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/science/research/vitamin-d-genetics.shtml

This is the latest information I have to hand concerning 1,25D (calcitriol) in relation to levels of 25 OHD (cholcalciferol)..............

In good health, 1,25D blood serum levels are in the low range of normal.
The body also decides how much 1,25D is needed in tissues. Having enough substrate (25D) so that the tissues are able to produce as much 1,25D as they need is important.
Increasing serum 25D will usually decrease serum 1,25D.
The body will determine appropriate 1,25D levels if it has enough substrate and other cofactors mentioned earlier in my previous post.
High serum 1,25D, in the face of an adequate 25(OH)D and normal PTH, means that somewhere, 1,25D is being produced outside the kidney. It is only a cause for concern if calcium is elevated.

I would like you to provide any proof other than "anecdotal evidence" that Vitamin D can actually "suppress the immune system", because unless you can actually support that view from other verifiable sources, then it will remain conjectural and speculative, if not irresponsible.

"but simply covering over the issue through increased supplementation simply puts the issue off for another day, and actually suppresses the immune system".

AND..........
"how natural is it to manipulate blood levels of something like vit d when we have, at best, only speculation regarding what truly is healthy".

In answer to the above paragraph, there is absolutely no speculation at all re' optimum levels of Vitamin D, and (as I have said on a previous occasion) this is decided by the body itself with exposure to sunlight at approx' 20,000 to 50,000ius per day.
It therefore follows that in the absence of optimum sunlight-exposure for extended periods of time, supplementation within that range would be ideal.

Please provide any evidence that supports your views of VDR blockages and that Vitamin D suppresses the immune system, otherwise I am done here.

Chrisb1.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.266 sec, (2)