Re: The end of suffering

Invincible Views: 3,968
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,549,222

Re: The end of suffering

"Everything is meaningless"

WHAT???

then why go on?

Thank you for my first giggle of the day :-)

Perhaps it might be best to trade the word 'meaningless' for 'neutral'

Facts are neutral - but when we give a fact meaning, it becomes a personal perception/story/code.

If we give a fact a LOT of meaning, then it causes an emotional response.

For example: You bump into someone on the road, they shout at you "idiot!"

Fact - someone shouts at you and calls you an idiot.

This may not bother you OR you could choose to give this many meanings.

For example:

Meaning 1: People are so clumsy .. how dare someone speak to me like that? What????? She/he's an idiot. How rude!

Meaning 2: How embarrasing, I'm so clumsy .. I should've looked where I was walking. Hope no one else saw that. It's all my fault ... it's true, I'm an idiot ..

Meaning 3: They must be having a bad day, I hope they feel better soon, I know them acting like that was nothing to do with me.  etc..

We get to choose the meaning. So why choose one that makes us feel bad? And even if the meaning we give makes us feel good is still a story/code ... but if one creates a joyful meaning to an event, why change that?

Why go on? Because life is supposed to be good for you wombat, it's supposed to be fun. This world is your playground and you get to choose the games you play. You get to choose what meaning you give to something, and since you get to choose, you might as well choose one that feels good to you.

The fact always remains tha same, but you can always change the meaning.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.org

0.969 sec, (2)