CureZone   Log On   Join
Image Embedded Re: Does an "Insulin Resistance" diet improve blood pressure?

machaon.fl Views: 7,533
Published: 12 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,540,803

Re: Does an "Insulin Resistance" diet improve blood pressure?

Re: Does an "Insulin Resistance" diet improve blood pressure? (Orignally posted 6/15/2005)

Wow! My blood pressure is just plummeting downwards. My energy level and strength have both improved significantly.

Feeling stronger and much better day after day. Very few bad days. Not bad for someone who HAD advanced heart disease! Triglycerides, Cholesterol numbers have also plunged without having to take statins. I feel twenty years younger and the libido is back to prove it too!

I have also lost 4 pant sizes. Amazing diet, but very difficult to follow. The major changes that I have made to the diet have produced very positive results so I will continue them.

I am toying with the possibility of getting off ALL blood pressure medications, but I will wait until my blood pressure gets perilously low before I attempt that. No hurry. Doing too well and I could probably need to take these beneficial meds for life.

I have heart failure. When my blood pressure was getting worse, my condition deteriorated. I have learned that there are three major goals to lowering blood pressure, reducing heart rhythm problems, and at the same time, improving heart failure. Those three important goals are:

1. Being on a healthy diet. I prefer frequent, small portion, high fiber, low calorie meals, but other healthy diets might work well for others.

2. Taking the correct meds on the correct schedule. Finding out which medicines work best, and what is the best time to take them, is complex and difficult.

3. Finding out, and avoiding, the things that cause over-activation of the neurohormonal system, which causes increases in blood pressure and causes harmful strain or damage to the heart and causes rhythm problems. This is not easy. It has taken me several years to find out, and eliminate, the things that cause increases in blood pressure and cause heart rhythm problems. There are many health conditions that make the neurohormonal system over-reactive. Hormones, which are not normally dangerous, get pumped into the body frequently, instead of just when under stress, or while doing physical activities, or during a "fight or flight" situation. These hormones are very harmful when constantly pumped into the body. Beta Blockers, and other hormone blocking or inhibiting meds, attempt to block these hormones, but the patient can assist these meds, or even reduce the dosage of these meds, by finding and eliminating some of those things that are causing the neurohormonal system to over-react.

Both high blood pressure and heart rhythm problems cause damaging stress on the heart, which causes a weak heart to progressively get weaker, or will cause a healthy heart to "slowly" weaken. Heart Failure is a progressive disease which gets worse because both blood pressure and heart rhythm are not under adequate control. Control the blood pressure and get the heart to beat more effectively and with less strain, and the failed heart can actually get stronger!

I am amazed at what I have learned. Medical articles frequently state that, usually, the causes of high blood pressure (or heart rhythm problems) are unknown. Unknown? The causes of high blood pressure are amazingly simple, in my opinion.

3/4/06 Notes: I have tachycardia and afib. But, as I continue to improve and my health and blood pressure keep getting dramatically better, things that used to get my heart going nuts, don't have too much of an effect on me. What's great is that, at my age, I am getting a second chance on a full life!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.org

0.797 sec, (2)