CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: a few more ideas...Kimchee

chirontherainbowbridge Views: 9,173
Published: 15 y

This is a reply to # 1,515,210

Re: a few more ideas...Kimchee

A few thoughts more about cultured vegetables.

Best days to make cultures veg. according the farmer’s Almanac
Are Nov. 6, 7 and fifteenth

Why? I’ve no idea, except that the moon is waning – on the fifteenth
its at one percent of waxing. Must be some other planetary influences as well.

http://www.almanac.com/bestdays/timetable

here’s what the moon phases LOOK like
http://www.almanac.com/moon/calendar/NH/Dublin/2009-11

I can’t remember when I made my best batch of cultured veggies…
But I think I will start keeping track. If I can, I’ll wait until a new moon, but unfortunately I’m anxious to get going, I just bought some stuff!

Very important, I feel:

Save some big cabbage leaves, (even if you don’t use these in the actual kimchi) and place one flat as a ‘lid’ for the veg. Then roll a few up like cigars and use these to take up space that the brine will then fill. This way, all the veg. are submerged, and if you get nay “bloom” or skimmy stuff, you can easily discard this.

A recipe From Wiki:

"Baechu kimchi" is made with salted baechu (a type of Chinese cabbage) filled with thin strips of radish, parsley, pine nuts, pears, chestnuts, shredded red pepper, manna lichen), garlic, and ginger.

Manna is described as being comparable to Hoarfrost in size. Hoarfrost on grass lawn.

According to the book of Exodus, manna is white, like Coriander seed.
In the description in the Book of Exodus, manna is described as being available six mornings a week, after the dew had evaporated.[1] It is described in the Book of Numbers as arriving with the dew during the night;[2] Exodus adds that manna was comparable to hoarfrost in size,[1] similarly had to be collected before it was melted by the heat of the sun,[3] and was white like coriander seed in color.[4] Numbers describes it as having the appearance of bdellium,[5] adding that the Israelites ground it up and pounded it into cakes, which were then baked, resulting in something that tasted like cakes baked with oil.[6] Exodus states that raw manna tasted like wafers that had been made with honey.[4] The Israelites were instructed to eat only the manna they had gathered for each day. Leftovers or manna stored up for the following day "bred worms and stank":[7] the exception being the day before Shabbat (Preparation Day), when twice the amount of manna was gathered, which did not spoil overnight.[8]

hhhmmmmmmm. That sounds good.

I had just been wondering about the qualities of parsley root, since it seems easier to locate than burdock (gobo)
* Parsley Root helps bladder, kidney, liver, lung, stomach, and thyroid function. It helps clear uric acid from the urinary tract and contains a substance that prevents the multiplication of tumor cells. It expels worms, relieves gas and stimulates normal activity of the digestive system. It has been used to treat urinary tract infections; helps dissolve and expel Gallstones and gravel; used to prevent kidney stone formation. It acts as a diuretic; increases urine volume. Parsley Root has been used to treat digestive weakness and bronchial and lung congestion.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (2)