CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: hummus okay ?

ruff magruff Views: 13,363
Published: 12 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,514,634

Re: hummus okay ?

you should primarily be asking yourself how any food reacts with your body because we are all different and sensitive to different foods.

many with candida are sensitive to fermented products...much hummus has citric acid , which is made by the fermentation of aspergillis niger or "black mold". i am extremely sensitive to this as i am to vinegar. it makes me bloat. some is made with lime or lemon juice instead of vinegar or citric acid

also, i used to be sensitive to tahini (ground sesame seeds), which is a staple in all hummus. most likely because of mold contamination. many people with candida are sensitive to seeds and nuts and grains for this reason.

if you are not sensitive then hummus should be a pretty good food while combatting candida. high in protien fat and fiber and relatively low in carbs. that is it wont feed candida too much but it can kick off allergic reactions which will deplete your immune system and make the battle harder and harder with continued exposure.

i like to crush up garbanzo beans (chick peas) and make my own hummus, adding a little olive oil crushed garlic and lemon juice. yum! nothing better..ooh and add cayenne, make it bright red! spice is nice for these long nights!
GARBANZOS ARE SUPERFOOD

good luck and peace be with you

ps
exercise will stimulate the immune system to become healthy again. it is probably one of the best weapons you have to heal yourself. although overexercising can tax the immune system. so stick with periodic light workouts giving yourself plenty of time to rest and recuperate. i guess it is best said that exercise with rest will help speed the cure to dysbiosis. not one or the other.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.org

0.766 sec, (1)