Re: Ulcer under cast on Rotweiller

Free Dentist Alternative!
Professional Powder beats Fluoride!

Google Advertisement
Hveragerthi Views: 1,565
Published: 13 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,477,644

Re: Ulcer under cast on Rotweiller

My rotweiller had a completely severed achilees heel 3 weeks ago. It was surgically reattached but separated again. She just had a second surgery to attach it again. She has developed a horrible ulcer on her knee from wearing a very hard removeable cast. I have to change the dressings each day. The vet warned me to expect this and gave me silver sulfadiazine cream to put on the ulcer.

Can you please recommended something I can use on the ulcer to help heal it? I am giving the dog silica water. She is also taking prescribed oral antibiotics, but they don't seem to be helping the ulcer. Also, are there any herbs I can give her for infection, pain, or the ulcer to speed her healing?

If you have access to an ozone generator that you can focus on the wound this will work the best. It not only disinfects, but also promotes healing in lower concentrations.

My second choice would be making a tea of comfrey root (3 parts) and black walnut hull (1 part). Bring a cup and a half of water to a boil and add 1 teaspoon of comfrey root. Boil for 15 minutes then turn the heat off and add one teaspoon of the black walnut hull and allow to cool. The tea will gel up. Then pack the wound with the gel and wrap lightly with a gauze so it can breathe. The comfrey root is high in allantoin, a cellular stimulant that greatly promotes healing. The black walnut hull is the highest herbal source of iodine, which acts as an antiseptic. You can also give her some of the comfrey root internally to further speed the healing. Make sure to use the dried, not fresh herb internally.

For the pain I would give her some pau d' arco internally. Pau d' arco is also good for infections since it contains 18 different antiseptic compounds and 5 anti-inflammatories. Recommended dose is 1/4 teaspoon or 2 size 'O' capsules every 4 hours.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.org

0.609 sec, (1)