CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Americans Can't See Why They Are Hated

wheelslip Views: 1,366
Published: 20 years ago

This is a reply to # 144,639

Re: Americans Can't See Why They Are Hated

Can't Americans See Why They Are Hated?

"When one loses, say very little. When you win, say nothing." I guess we Americans haven't done that very well. Capitalism is the most successful economic system in the history of the world. But, Americans failed to temper the theory with integrity and altruistic practices. Capitalism, by definition, leads to "one winner." We see it here, in America, as unregulated companies merge, offering less value and fewer choices. The ultimate success of capitalism would be a product that costs $0 to produce and requiring infinite dollars to purchase. Nirvana! Many Americans, well aware that our Democracy belongs to corporate America, have gone on to other things. We no longer participate in politics, the arts or community activities. I liken this response to lying in my darkened bedroom as a child… I pulled the covers over my head because I felt safer when I couldn't peer into the darkened shadows. "The Media is the Massage," is a book that predicted the ultimate manipulation of the North American masses. As corporations buy-up major newspapers, TV, radio and publishers - how convenient it is to provide only that information which corporate America wants us to assimilate. Peasant farmers driven to the cities by ADM are called Communist guerillas. Poor and middle class citizens of third world countries are forced into joblessness by international mergers… We Americans are told that this thing called lasiez faire' capitalism will float all boats. And, having slouched onto our couches in front of our 50 inch surround- sound plasma TVs' we "Ugly Americans" believe that all is well. May as well comment on our President who has pissed-off the entire world. Remember - a majority of us who "did" vote, voted "against" the man who was enthroned. Why hate us? We didn't elect him! I have to give corporate America credit - it wasn't easy to find a millionaire from the oil industry with an MBA, who was dumb enough to actually believe he was making presidential decisions. My major concern is that I have a son and son-in-law on active duty… I don't want to sacrifice the fathers of my grandchildren in order to assure an unlimited number of Tahoes and Humvees for Yuppies and ignorant red-necks. But, what can I do? I don't have millions of dollars to buy a Congressman. It's been proven that my vote can be over-ridden. So, I'll just pull the covers over my head.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2023  curezone.org

0.906 sec, (2)