CureZone   Log On   Join
A question about Iodine Supplementation and staying safe

Ragnarok Views: 7,155
Published: 13 years ago

A question about Iodine Supplementation and staying safe

I am about to begin Iodine supplementation at the request of my doctor, and I wanted to get some feedback from people who have used it before.

First, the reasons. I have been seeing a very good natural doctor for over a year regarding my cystic acne. Most of his patients see him a few times and start seeing promising results. I warned him at the beginning that I have very stubborn Acne on my arms and chest, and many have tried to cure it with no luck. After about the first couple months he stopped charging me for visits, and has given me numerous free supplements to try, as he has been very dedicated to helping me and hasn't liked the fact that he has been unsuccessful so far.

Sadly, he has tried everything he can and my Acne still remains. But he wants to try one final thing before he gives up. It is called Iodizyme-HP, an iodine/iodide supplement. The serving size is half a tablet, which contains 2.5mg of Iodine and 3.75mg of Iodide (as potassium salt). He actually has me on taking 1 full tablet for the first week, and then 2 tablets daily after that until I am done.

Obviously I am concerned because it seems to be such a high dose. I talked it over with him, and he said that there are studies where a large amount of Iodine has been given to patients with serious health conditions and it having cured them. I trust his judgment because he has always been so knowledgeable and generous in the past, and he is pretty renown in the field of natural medicine. But I am still nervous because I myself do not know too much about iodine, only from what I have been reading for the past hour or so, and everywhere I go says not to have too much or too little.

I plan on calling him in the am to discuss things again to make sure this is completely safe, but I was curious if anyone else has undergone something similar or can offer any extra input into this matter. Any helpful feedback would be most appreciated.

-Chris

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.org

0.594 sec, (1)