CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Cinnamon is the Wonder Spice for Health and Wellbeing

Views: 3,873
Published: 15 y

This is a reply to # 1,440,325

Re: Cinnamon is the Wonder Spice for Health and Wellbeing

"One must always stay on the proper diet and not stray.  Doing anything without nourishing one's body properly serves no purpose.  In no way can anyone go back to their prior lifestyle.  In fact, everybody should stay away from any harmful foods:  Sugar, sweeteners, processed foods, junk foods fast foods, sodas, etc.  To follow this type of diet is a guarantee of health problems, be it diabetes or something else.  These foods are poison to the system.  Period."

I agree completely.  Yet for most everyone that is a change in lifestyle and not a reversal of the disease.

"While I realize that when the condition is severe, insulin and, unfortunately, medication may be needed, I find it apalling when I see diabetics taking medication while eating anything they want.  And some doctors will tell them that it is okay to do this.  I have also seen people that had to take certain medications and through the proper diet and alternative methods did reverse their diabetes to the point that they did not need this medication.  This in no way means that they could go back to their prior lifestyle because to do so would definitely bring the condition back."

I couldn't agree with you more about diabetics taking meds while eating anything they wish.  I've seen that several times - including family members.  Was going to mention that in my earlier post but it already a long one.

"The key is prevention.  Those that are healthy should take the appropriate steps to avoid Type II Diabetes and other conditions now."

Agree there too.  I'm real big on Omega 3 supplements because they have been eliminated from our diets and Omega 3 is known to assist in Type II prevention.  My clinic has all their patients take fish oil supplements, primarily for improvement of the lipid profile and they specifically target a reduction in triglycerides.  (It worked for me.  From 350 down to 45.)  When I added just two fish oils per day, it helped improve my lipid profile significantly.  Since then I've gone to mega doses of Omega 3 - at the levels that have been used in clinical research studies, which is 3,000 mg of Omega 3 per day, minimum.  That has further benefited my lipid profile but after three or four months at this level I don't really see a significant change to my blood sugar levels, though there are other benefits.  I believe that many of our modern illnesses are from a shortage of this supplement, from psychiatric problems to coronary disease to many others are caused by this shortage.  If you've ever read about Dr. Dudley White, president Eisenhower's personal physician, you will find that he graduated from Harvard medical school  in 1913 and went directly to work in Boston Hospital at that time and never saw a heart attack until 1921.  Something in our lives has changed dramatically and it isn't all loss of activity and introduction of fast foods.

"Pharmaceutical solutions are not the answer.  Nature is.  The key is to use what nature provides, together with a good diet.  I realize that diabetes is a very serious issue.  There are times that a person will require medication.   However, a vast number of Type II Diabetics can control their condition with the proper diet and supplements.  How many people are given a warning that they are on the borderline?  It is up to the person to take the appropriate measures to guard their health."

I agree there as well.  Each one has to take personal responsibility for their conditions and their actions in all areas, including health.  So I agree with most everything that you have written except for the "reversal" part.  I am a survivor of tuberculosis from childhood and while it is not reversed (I still have active TB encapsulated within granulomas in my lungs, as do many other people) and though that has never altered my life style, I don't even consider it to be reversed.  The reason that I refer back to that is if a person thinks their Type II is reversed it is much to easy to revert to old habits and the old problems will just reappear.  That's why everything I've ever read on the topic says that it is controllable, but not reversable.

The number one thing that I see in all newly diagnosed Type II people is overweight and even obesity.  From what I can tell, that applies to at least 90% of Type II at diagnosis.  Yet in following the boards here regarding diabetes I don't believe that I've ever seen it even mentioned.  While some supplements may help, a change in lifestyle  - particularly weight loss is a huge, huge factor in controlling the disease.  In fact, overweight contributes to numerous conditions on all of these boards yet it is often politely overlooked.  Weight loss is generally a struggle.  I know.  But it can be done and is probably the most important action in taking responsibility for your health and regaining it from any condition.  In these support forums when someone posts their new diagnosis and asks for help, the first thing I'd like to see them post is their BMI, but doubt that will ever happen.

We agree on almost everything.  That doesn't take away from the fact that everyone is unique in several different ways and part of taking responsibility for our Type II we must test, test, test, and learn what affects our blood sugar levels, both up and down.  I don't know if I've mentioned it recently but it's almost bizarre that sweets and deserts of course raise my levels yet sweet melons, cantaloupe and watermelon, actually help to lower them.  Other fruits and not so kind to me.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (4)