CureZone   Log On   Join
help with histamine/methylation

royalnonesuch Views: 5,278
Published: 15 y

help with histamine/methylation

hi,

i'm currently being treated for elevated histamine levels by a GP who also deals in alternative medicine. he provided me with a questionnaire to fill out, before issuing a blood test which confirmed that i had high histamine levels, as well as low zinc and low copper.

accordingly, i've been prescribed a treatment program which consists of:

morning:
2 x L-Methionine (500mg)
1 x p5p 50mg
1 x b6 50mg
2 x cal/mag citrate capsules (80mg cal. 80mg mag.)
1 x 500mg Vit C

evening:

2 x L-Methionine (500mg)
2 x cal/mag citrate capsules (80mg cal. 80mg mag.)
1 x 500mg Vit C
1x chelated zinc

i began this program ten days before my withdrawal from Nardil (which i had been on for 16 weeks, at a max. dose of 75mg) and couldn't tell whether it was helping or not, though was surprised that my Nardil withdrawal went a lot smoother than i'd anticipated. unfortunately, since coming off Nardil (it's been 2 weeks), i feel like i have a complete lack of emotional resilience. if the *slightest* thing goes wrong, it can have me nearly in tears and overwhelmed with the most horrible aggression. i've also begun taking memantine for my OCD, though this aggression was around before that, so i know it's not the memantine.

is there any reason to think that this program could be making me feel more depressed/run down? i know that L-methionine is a precursor to SAMe, and that SAMe can be very activating, so might that be it? unfortunately, the GP supervising the program is in another city, so it's difficult for me to see him consistently, which is why i'm asking this here. i may also just be feeling run down after coming off Nardil, though it should be entirely out my system by now. my idea was to maybe stop the methylation programme for a week, so i can see what Memantine alone might do for me. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
rns

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (1)