CureZone   Log On   Join
--Portable chicken coops----

moreless Views: 2,196
Published: 15 y

This is a reply to # 1,411,236

--Portable chicken coops----

Hi refreshed,

Your question: I had good success with the newspaper too but I think ML wants us to let the green weeds grow up into it so we can cover it up again with the hay and it will feed the soil. Natures own fertilizer.

You are such a bird lady like me. :)

I'm thinking more these days to having chickens though, if I could figure a good way to do it...they have some personality but not as much. An easy way to have food. I just wish we didn't have so many coyotes roaming. I have seen them in the early hours of the morning roaming our town. They are very attracted to my outside aviary where I house smaller parrots. Yikes!

Answer: You can build a portable chicken coop to keep the chickens in during the nite and early morn and just let them out for several hours before nite to roam and feed !

My mother had a chicken house and yard for her chickens, but would let them out before dark for an hour or two to eat greens.

She had her garden about 100 feet from the chicken yard and if she let them out too early they would make it to the garden !

So she figured out that by regulating the time out they didn't go as far !

They always came back to the chicken yard and house because that was where they were fed and watered !

Smile Tis your choice.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (1)