CureZone   Log On   Join
Slippery Elm maybe...+ for the adrenals, too! Re: Day 4 Fasting - Feeling Extremely Cold

unyquity Views: 7,290
Published: 15 y

This is a reply to # 1,397,760

Slippery Elm maybe...+ for the adrenals, too! Re: Day 4 Fasting - Feeling Extremely Cold

'Gotta love 'dat 'Wings - those were some great truths & tips! :)

The Hot/Cold showers (surprisingly) ...ending on hot, of course - will bring fast relief, because they increase your circulation so quickly and completely.

As I understand it, the reason for the "cold" isn't actually 'detoxing', especially when we're taking the IF#2 to assist in adsorbing the toxins and removing them from your bloodstream. The reason (as you suggested) is your body getting used to a different kind of 'energy source'...and not having to 'digest'.

I've been 'thinking hard' and trying to come up with a 'quick fix'...so I went back through Dr. Christopher's IP and was reminded that he had some drinking/eating slippery elm gruel/porridge along with the juice fasting. Here's the information/instructions if you'd like to have a few cups daily: http://healingtools.tripod.com/slipelm.html

(click the link at the bottom to find the 'recipe'.

But Uny, I don't have any organic slippery elm bark powder...waaaah. ::::grin::: If you didn't mix the two baggies together already (of the slippery elm/white oak bark) that was in your parcel (for other reasons)...you DO have slippery elm bark powder that you can use.

And lo & behold, there's a tiny blurb on that site/link that says slippery elm is good for the adrenals! I don't recall EVER knowing that before (and I thought I knew EVERYTHING about slippery elm). Anyway, I just did a Google search on slipper elm + adrenal...and here's the results:
http://tinyurl.com/cuto5h
WOW.

If you have a health store/market that stocks Herb Pharm tinctures (many do), you could run out a pick up a bottle of Cayenne Tincture. The tincture never makes it past the upper intestines, and it wouldn't offend your "owie" in the least. It's not AS hot as ours, but it's organic (and if it's local, you could get it asap).

Hmmm, being a 'bit uncomfortable' is one thing, but being in misery is something else. If you think you can 'eat' without going 'off course', then maybe you should have some steamed veggies or a couple of (room temperature) fruits. Perhaps a couple of bananas in your Superfood smoothie to see if that'd be enough to 'do the trick'? And pile in the Superfood.

I know we ALL want to get 'maximum benefit' out our protocols & effort...maybe Schulze would disagree with me here...but I think that a few wee-tiny breaks in the protocol (especially when we're not "giving in" to emotional food cravings) is acceptable in situations like you're sharing.

Yes indeedy, "hard & fast" will get you there quickest, but sometimes "backing off for a breather" is a good idea.

Listen to your doctor within - she knows BEST :)

Your tenacity is a lighthouse to the weak and under-motivated. APPLAUSE! APPLAUSE!!

Unyquity

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (2)