CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Thank you Tim! Actually...

Tim Views: 18,424
Published: 21 y

This is a reply to # 135,025

Re: Thank you Tim! Actually...

Bifidus bacteria is the kind that turns stools brown. Yogurt doesn't have this bacteria, and neither do most supplements. It's VERY sensitive and won't survive well unless you take a special enteric coated supplement. Most people get these bacteria in them when they are infants, since the digestive system isn't very strong then. They are the first bacteria to colonize the bowels. As an adult, it is very difficult to replace these if you've killed them with Antibiotics (or parasite herbs, etc). Acidophillus are also not very hardy either, and they are difficult to replace. I've read of some medical studies done that showed that most probiotics do not contain very much live bacteria, and even those that do, most don't survive the stomach acid. The instructions from Solgar seem fairly dubious. It's true that SOME of the probiotics will make it through, but only a tiny percentage. Since you seem to have normal brown stools I wouldn't worry about it to much though... Yogurt is good though - there's such a large number of bacteria in fresh yogurt, that perhaps a larger number make it through. Perhaps not though. Many yogurts actually don't have any living baceria in them anymore (despite their claims.) Freshly made yogurt is best. Even better is kefir or sauerkraut (I make these myself.) However, none of these contains any bifidus bacteria...

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (1)