CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: breaking fast with bad food

IV81 Views: 7,293
Published: 13 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,340,490

Re: breaking fast with bad food

Donn,

"If all that was cleaned out of the body, there wouldn't be any cravings for it.
But it isn't done during one fast."

I completely agree. After my first fast i thought i was cured of all of my bad habits and that i could say goodbye to my food addictions- i was wrong. I think that each time i have fasted since then I have gotten a little better, and have become more in tune with my body, and i can feel the difference between bad food and healthy food, and I will default to the healthy because it makes me feel good.

A little advise to new fasters....

Though fasting may act to remove the junk from your body, i think that it is equally important during a fast to examine ones behavior and relationship with food. We all do things for a reason, and the surest way to change undesirable behavior is to fully understand WHY it began, and WHY it persists seemingly against ones will. The beauty of the Water Fast is that you have copious amounts of time on your hands (not eating) and for most the thought of food is never far. During this time I would suggest to anyone to be a little introspective and find out what drives you.

I am a graduate student in Clinical Psychology, and I have done research with obese populations (for my internship - under the supervision of a licensed professional) and 9/10 times the biggest leap for individuals who want to change their behavior with regards to eating and health have a lot of emotional digging and self discovery to do.
The trap of a drastic measure like a water fast, is that a new faster may think that once through the 10 or 20 or 30 days they are a transformed person and will not have the same problems or issues that plagued them before, and this is partially true- physically. But no faster should begin with the idea that this is a one time deal or a quick fix.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.org

0.703 sec, (1)