CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Soil mineral depletion

grzbear Views: 2,028
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,276,302

Re: Soil mineral depletion

>>I am not sure which is the greater danger, mineral depletion or mankind's destroying the soil micro-organisms<<

they go hand in hand and are caused through the same mechanisms... chemical agricultural products such as herbicides, fertilizers and pesticides.

as you also illustrated, soil microorganisms are needed to break down the inorganic minerals and make them available to the plant and animal life in a usable\organic form... their waste, adding back to feed the soil life and microorganisms, etc. an endless cycle left alone.

The above explanation is over simplified, however it is a complex of acids and bases, negative and positive, along with the hydrogen, nitrogen, carbon, and oxygen cycles, acting and reacting together.

Chemical pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers not only destroy this soil life, but they also bind up the same minerals needed by the soil life, microorganisms and plants, and disrupt the carbon, hydrogen, oxygen and nitrogen cycles; stealing their food and starving the survivors out... a double whammy.

when we "detox" from heavy metals and\or chemicals, many of the primary supplement protocols call for minerals... if the minerals in the ground are bound to the spread\sprayed chemicals, and rendered insoluble... I am sure that you get the idea.

I am not disagreeing with the mineral depletion of soil being a viable hypothesis under the circumstances of top soil erosion and loss, chemical use and or overuse, however am of the thought that mineral availability has been rendered null and void through chemical bonding of available minerals with the toxins AND minerals being further unavailable through the loss (killing) of the "living" (top) soil.

If the minerals are bound to the chemicals and unavailable, tests may show a relatively broad mineral presence, however availability to plants is reduced or eliminated; add that to the loss of the soil life and you have the double whammy.

the use of agricultural chemicals and the disruption of plant mineral (and other) metabolism is quite well known... why they continue to use them, I have no idea, because you know they disrupt human mineral (and other) metabolism as well.

I think you know I have researched all of this quite extensively as well. I do not think one can point a finger at a single cause... everything is connected; actions have consequences; cause and effect.

grz-

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.org

3.359 sec, (2)