CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: If I had Hep-C, this is what I would do

dquixote1217 Views: 6,913
Published: 16 y

This is a reply to # 1,235,297

Re: If I had Hep-C, this is what I would do

Here is an online quide and some info I found

These ranges are included as a guide. Different laboratories may use different ranges, and it is important to refer to the reference range that your laboratory is using.

CD4 count: Measured in cells/mm3. Range 0 to over 1600. Higher the better, over 200 reduces risk of opportunistic infections.

HIV viral load: Measured in copies/mL. Range from undetectable to over 1 million (rare).

Hepatitis C viral load (RNA): Measured in IU/mL. Range from undetectable to over 40 million. When over 400,000 it reduces the chance of treatment success.

ALT: Women:7-30 units/L. Men: 10-55 units/L.

AST: Women: 9-25 units/L. Men: 10-40 units/L.

ALP: Women: 30-100 units/L. Men: 45-115 units/L.

GGT: Women: over 45U/L. Men: over 65 U/L.

Bilirubin (direct): 0.0-0.4 mg/dL (US), 0-7 µmol/L (SI units).

Bilirubin (total): 0.0-1.0 mg/dL (US), 0-17 µmol/L (SI units).

Albumin: 3.1-4.3 g/dL (US), 31-43 g/L (SI units).

PT: 11-13.5 seconds (PT 1.5-2 times control is abnormal)

ALT and AST: two important liver enzymes.

ALT (alanine aminotransferase ) should be monitored routinely, as if it continues to increase, it may mean HCV is getting worse.

The liver produces ALT, which helps produce salts and amino acids (which are used to make proteins). Increases in ALT are usually a signal of liver inflammation or damage. However, ALT is not a good marker for predicting HCV disease progression, or indicating how much your liver may already be damaged. This is because liver enzyme levels regularly go up and down in people with HCV.

Up to a third of people with chronic HCV always have a normal ALT, but some of them will have serious liver damage. Normal liver enzyme levels, even over time, do not mean that you have no liver damage.

AST (aspartate aminotransferase) is another enzyme involved in the production of amino acids but because it is made in the heart, intestines, and muscles, it is not a sensitive marker for liver injury.

AST is often used to monitor liver inflammation and damage in combination with other tests.

Though a bit confusing when it comes to ALT and AST, what that tells me is that you need to get on top of your hep-c problems right away and that conventional treatment is unlikely to offer much help - but that might be good news, since natural help is available.  You just have to DO IT!

Be sure to check back in with us and let us know how your viral loads decrease and how you are feeling.

DQ

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (2)