CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Please help: Nonstop post-nasal drip causes constant throat clearing. Seen numerous doctors with no answers.

hotspringer Views: 32,897
Published: 16 y

This is a reply to # 1,148,158

Re: Please help: Nonstop post-nasal drip causes constant throat clearing. Seen numerous doctors with no answers.

Hi Grindle,
I've had the same problems you've described for most of my life. Not only was it uncomfortable, but also embarrassing with the constant throat clearing and sniffing. I used to carry allergy pills and decongestants with me wherever I went. I used to wake up in the morning with my nose clogged up with dried sticky mucous. Then, upon a friend's advice, I started irrigating my nasal cavity with a neti pot. After a few days of daily use of the neti pot I noticed my nose was no longer clogged, and I was able to breathe freely through my nose all day and night. Throat clearing, sniffing and sneezing has been almost eliminated. This time of the year I used to get hayfever and runny nose. I was constantly on antihistamines, but I have not had to take a single antihistamine since I've been using the neti pot. I also do not catch colds or sore throat anymore. I know that pouring water into the nose sounds painful and uncomfortable, but it really isn't. You won't choke or swallow any water as long as you breathe through the mouth while doing this. It is very easy. Just use warm water with Sea Salt . Do not use refined iodized table salt . I use mine once per day and it works great. My neti pot cost 16 bucks, and is made of ceramic. The spout is tapered to make an airtight seal against the nostril. These neti pots are easily available at health food stores and some drug stores. Some come packaged with directions on how to use them, some don't. But there are several websites with helpful directions. This natural method of sinus/ nasal irrigation has been used for centuries in some cultures. It is a great way to wash out pollens,pollutants and toxins. It is not widely known or practiced in the western culture for obvious reasons. Doctors and pharmaceutical companies would lose a lot of business if everyone started doing nasal irrigation. Good luck, and I hope you find a cure.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (1)