CureZone   Log On   Join
Interesting Science Experiment

redlepton Views: 12,442
Published: 18 y

This is a reply to # 113,362

Interesting Science Experiment

Last year, I was watching Zoom on PBS with my young son, who loves science. This is a science show degigned for young children. They were taking different fruits and vegetables and measuring the electricity in them with a voltmeter. My son was so excited about this, so we bought a cheap voltmeter from radio shack. My son has mutilated may fruits with his experimenting. We haven't done it, but I read that you can power a light bulb with a raw potato or grapefruit.

I haven't tried it, but I assume that if you compare a control group of various raw fruits and veggies with a variable group of these same fruits and veggies that are cooked, the cooked ones will have considerably less "volts" in them, if any are left at all. (Actually, when my son gets old enough, we will probably do this experiment for his first science fair - he is only 4 now. I would do this and post the results here, but our voltmeter got lost when we moved.)

What does that mean about the energy humans and other animals receive when consuming them? I don't have a degree in biochemistry, so I don't know for sure. But I do believe that it is logical that we do not receive as much energy from the cooked ones. This is one of the reasons why being a raw foodist seems logical to me.

Tina.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (1)