CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: mirena removal update

nursenine11 Views: 3,817
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,124,838

Re: mirena removal update

Hello ladies,

I just started writing last weekend and I feel so relieved that all that I have been feeling is not in my head. I am a nurse and I have a decent knowledge base reguarding female issues and hormones. Little history...37 years old, unable to have kids and never did pinpoint a reason, terrible periods since day one and could not tolerate any pill Ever! I tried alot of different pills and I was crazy on them all. I went today and had my mirena removed; some slight cramping but I already feel better knowing it is gone. My fiance wanted to know if all the hormones accidently got dumped in my sytem and not spread out like they where suppossed to, he is so funny. I talked to my doctor for about an hour and she said something that is a good statment, she stated she thinks when people in the medical profession can not understand why we may be experiencing side effects which are not the norm that they will write it off as it is in your head. She went on to say that everbody's bodies react differently and that Dr's should listen to their patient's and try to be more proactive. I agree, I am not crazy, i just dont tolerate hormones and never have. Well, I will keep up with the updates and if anybody is interested I am having an endometrial ablation next week and that is definetly an option if you are done having kids and dont want to have periods anymore. I have done research and there appears to be a high satisfaction with the procedure and recovery is about 5 days. So, I will keep writing my story and reading all of yours.

Thanks to everyone....this forum has helped my through the last weeks and I feel so blessed to be in the company of such amazing powerful women.
Kim

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.org

6.953 sec, (1)