CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Does Lyme Disease exist in Australia

Lugol’s Iodine Free S&H
J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Original Hulda Clark
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Best Teeth Remineralization, Strengthening, and Clea...

Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
Patryc Views: 6,249
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,102,954

Re: Does Lyme Disease exist in Australia

These studies you have quoted seem to be very old. I recently had a look at the Lyme disease symptoms report a PDF compiled in 2006 from
http://www.lymeinfo.net/medical/LDSymptoms.pdf
on page 2 regarding geographical distribution.

it states that :

“Lyme disease has been reported from five continents—Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, and North America. ...In North America, Lyme disease occurs in both the United States and Canada. Within the United States, it is now the most commonly reported tick-transmitted infection...The disease is endemic along the East Coast from Maryland to Massachusetts, in the upper Midwest in Minnesota and Wisconsin, and on the Pacific coast in California and Oregon. Increasing numbers of cases have also been reported from mid-Atlantic, southeastern, midwestern, and southcentral states. But the illness remains most common in the states from which it was originally reported...New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Wisconsin, and Minnesota. ...Lyme disease is both widespread and common in Europe where thousands of cases are estimated to occur each year. The disease is most common in Austria, Germany, France, Sweden, and Switzerland. But is also occurs in the three other Scandinavian countries, Belgium, Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Italy, the Netherlands, Romania, Spain, the United Kingdom, the USSR, and Yugoslavia.”
Louis Reik, Jr., M.D. Lyme Disease and the Nervous System. New York:Thieme Medical Publishers. 1993.

“Patients with the disease have also been found in China, Japan, and Australia.”
Steere AC. Lyme disease. New England Journal of Medicine 1989;321:586-596.

“B. burgdoferi-infected ticks may be transported from Lyme-endemic areas into nonendemic areas, which may establish new Lyme-endemic foci. Infected I. ricinus complex ticks (including I. scapularis) and infected I. uriae have been found on migratory birds and along migratory “flyways”; they may be transported into new areas by these birds as they travel between endemic and nonendemic areas, including counties, states, countries, continents, and even hemispheres.”
Gardner T. Lyme disease. In Infectious Diseases of the Fetus and Newborn Infant, ed. Remington JS; Klein JO. Philadelphia:W.B. Saunders Co. pp. 519-641. 2001.
13-

so clearly it exists in Australia whether or not mainstream doctors wish to acknowledge it is a different matter. I would guess it's something they try and blanket to create more $$ for the sickness industry.

namaste

Patryc

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.org

1.313 sec, (2)