CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: my parents forgot about my birthday & I feel hurt

roooth Views: 26,854
Published: 13 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,078,958

Re: my parents forgot about my birthday & I feel hurt

Hi Nobiz,

I thought it might help you to hear from me. This in and of itself says nothing about how much they love you or what priority you are in their lives. I know it can suck, but some people are really not good at remembering dates. You know, I wanted to get married on 5-5-05 so I wouldn't forget my wedding anniversary? And I'm the WOMAN!!! LOL I think it runs in the family. My dad forgot his 12th anniversary and his wife put him through the ringer. But I know my dad and nothing is more important to him than family. My family is the most important thing in my life. First is relationships and love with people and self, then other things fall in line after that. So how can I forget important things like that? I dunno, something about how my mind works - I need to upload a daily calendar into my brain 'cause otherwise I'm not good with dates.

Funny story, even with a month of knowing it was coming and mentioning it a few times even, my husband and I BOTH forgot our 2nd anniversary. We did some work on the house and that's about it. Then I went to work and about halfway through my workday I looked at a calendar and thought OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE WE BOTH FORGOT ABOUT IT!!! I laughed and emailed him.

Anyway, I thought these stories may help you not get caught up with dates. Think about ways they do show you that they love you. I hope you feel better.

~Ruth

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.org

0.905 sec, (1)