CureZone   Log On   Join
Here is what I did (re: powdered greens)

ldsfireguy Views: 3,689
Published: 17 y

This is a reply to # 1,057,909

Here is what I did (re: powdered greens)

It is next to impossible to get organic dried vegetable powder on the market ... all of it is purchased and used in the manufacture of organic frozen entrees, and other processed foods. I have searched and searched, and they are just not available.

However, you CAN get the grass powders very reasonably from
http://www.mountainroseherbs.com
. I get my barley grass, wheat grass, oat grass, couch grass and soy sprout powder from them. I also do get spinach powder too (the only veggie powder they carry). They do not have kamut grass powder. All these items from Mountain Rose are organic, and cost about $7 - $8 per pound.

Then I also get about 30 different organic herbs from there also, and add them to the grass powder in small amounts.

In order to add the veggies, I bought an Excalibur dehydrator for about $200, and use this to dry brocolli, kale, purple cabbage, carrots, etc... all organic. All these I grind into a powder and add also.

I looked at building my own dehydrator, for just this purpose, but ended up with the Excalibur. We use it also for making leathers, and lots of stuff, so it gets a ton of use.

I added up the cost of the greens mix that I make, and it costs me on average about $7 per pound. In addition, I just recently found a source for organic Kamut grass at about $7 per pound (this stuff is also very hard to find).

I would highly recommend mountain rose herbs to anyone who wants to experiment with herbs, or making their own mix.

(by the way, in case anyone thinks that we try to get all our nutrition from dried powders, we have a Vitamix and make smoothies from organic veggies ... the powder is just a way to "drink" our veggies all day long)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (1)