CureZone   Log On   Join
Help - CO for my sick dog

Lugolís Iodine Free S&H
J.Crowísģ Lugolís Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Best Teeth Remineralization, Strengthening, and Clea...

More
More
twinkie26 Views: 11,515
Published: 14 years ago

Help - CO for my sick dog

Hi everyone,

I've got a question. We recently discovered that my 5 1/2 month old siberian husky might have Irritable Bowel Disease. He started getting diahhrea about a month ago so we went to the vet. Did a fecal test and he had no noticeable parasites or worms so the vet gave us an Antibiotic for 7 days. Once we started the Antibiotic he started doing much better. 48 hrs after we finished the course of pills his diahhrea started again. We went back to the vet and once again he gave us another course of pills. Same thing happened...got better...48 hrs after he finished the course the diahhrea came back. The 3rd time we got worming medicine which didn't do a thing to help. IBD has several symptoms which include diahhrea, vomitting, weight loss, loss of appetite, sickly, mucus in stool or blood in stool. The symptoms depend on which part of the digestive track the inflammation is occurring. My dog has diahhrea and occasional mucus in his stool...and anywhere from mucusy, liquid to mushy stools. Sorry for the visual. He has no loss of appetite, isn't sickly looking and is as playful and energetic as ever.

I've started cooking his food, giving him bottled water, adding NUPRO to his food (which is a natural vitamin, mineral, enzyme and probiotic supplement) and I've started giving him a little coconut oil. I know CO helps with digestive disorders and inflammation so I am praying this will be my savior. Does anyone know how much I should be giving him. Right now I'm just giving about 1/2 tsp a day but I don't think thats enough as he is about 40 lbs, maybe 45 lbs. Does anyone here have any experience giving CO to pets or any experience with IBD in pets, especially dogs. Any advice would be highly appreciated. This is just breaking my heart as I don't know what to do...

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.org

0.922 sec, (1)