CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Women's Liberation and The Analytical Thinker

Views: 2,307
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,026,822

Re: Women's Liberation and The Analytical Thinker

I had two teachers who rocked my world. One was my fourth grade teacher, Mrs. Britten. She was incredible. I was a mere shy, skinny, skinned-kneed 9 year old with stringy blonde hair and braces. She was not any old fourth grade teacher- she was the ACCELERATED CLASS's fourth grade teacher. She encouraged us to read "widely," to explore the world through books, to denounce foul language and embrace a large vocabulary to express our feelings instead. She told us we were tomorrow's elite (not in the way we use the term), the movers and shakers and world-class thinkers of tomorrow. I loved Mrs. Britten.

Another was my ninth grade English teacher, Mrs. Ortloff. She was your typical evil "no one dare graduate high school except through me" English teacher, but she was the first to identify a writing talent in me, and often selected my work to read before the class as an example of "fine" work. Who wouldn't like a teacher who made you her pet student? lol She would sit at her desk and rap her Bic pen on her desk like a thin, blue woodpecker, and tell us in a deep, matronly voice, "THINK, people. THINK!"

If only I could "think" in my math classes! :-P

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.org

1.125 sec, (1)