CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Trouble speaking, constantly peeling,exfoliating cheilitis, calundula ointment

Views: 5,290
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,007,628

Re: Trouble speaking, constantly peeling,exfoliating cheilitis, calundula ointment

Hi,

I suffer from this condition since 10 years.

I completely understand your point of view. Personnaly, both lips are involved and the peeling cycle lasts 5-7 days but the discomfort is quite permanent. Sometimes, it really hurts , especially the day before the crust fall and the day after. I also have problems to speak because of ec. That's why I didn't succeed in my studies (problem to sleep also at this time, everything is linked) and it can be a very tough time at work now. No social life possible with this.

I have tried to nothing apply on it (since 2 monthes approx.) but it doesn't improve the condition.

I have try to get my Amalgam fillings (which were numerous) replaced with white resin: no improvement.

I 've noticed that cortison based creams do raise the peeling area. Don't apply protopic or Dermovate Salbe...

The fact that the crust layer comes is quite normal (because the peeling lip area is injured) but the problem is that this dead skin is growing bigger and bigger (=> problem to speak, laugh,...to be normal) and there is no improvement underneath.

I think that this condition is getting us more stoical. It should strengthen us mentally but the pain is sometimes simply hard to deal with and it makes us think we were only really living in the past. Personnaly, I can't stand people complaining about stupid stuffs like train delays aso... I would like so much to go back to a life without e.c. It's like beeing in jail socially speaking. We are probably less reactive or spontaneous than we were before e.c. (through the years)

In my opinion, the ec is stronger than creams or ointment. It is really a cell related problem. It comes from the inside.

About medecine, the fact that e.c. is often linked to Depression is a problem. In my opinion, Depression can be a consequence of living with e.c. but it's not a root. We feel misunderstood because we are fighting against the pain several days a week, it requires a lot of strength. And the only answer we get from the medecine is psychiatric problems... that's quite disturbing

Courage to you and good luck if you try other things.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.org

2.141 sec, (2)