CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Mirena causing thyroid problems?

Kabel Views: 7,481
Published: 17 y

This is a reply to # 1,005,636

Re: Mirena causing thyroid problems?

hi, we have had quite a few women on here over the last few pages who have had thyroid type symptoms, hair loss, lack of energy etc. some have had it even get worse since mirena came out, so i do think there is some link between thyroid and mirena and that maybe the chemical in mirena mucks up some people's systems in the long term - there has been no official testing, to my knowledge, of what effects mirena has on thyroid, but there are too many people who have similar things happen for it to be coincidence, i feel. the light headedness is a definate side effect of mirena, as is the lack of energy, but who can say it is a side effect because of the levonorgesterol itself or because the levonorgesterol is causing a thyroid imbalance?? Either way, you have done the right thing to get mirena out and to start letting your body begin to rebalance itself again. It takes a good 3 months for the hormones to get right again, up to 6 months for some people, so if your blood tests will wait 3 months or so, that would give you a clearer picture.
hot flushes are often produced by the body trying to pump out too much estrogen to counteract the high progesterone levels in the body from mirena and as such, i wouldnt worry too much about that side of things. They should settle down soon. i had them after mirena removal, but they are all gone now. I do hope that things sort themselves out for you, without you needing further treatment. Do let us know how you get on. I really think this thyroid link is something we need to keep an eye on and may be much more common than we realise, because many women have not had a blood test and wouldn't know if they had a thyroid imbalance or not after mirena usage, they just know that they have or have had certain symptoms. I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you:) Take care x

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (1)