Its 4 yrs since I have been on this forum. 5 yrs ago I had a potential diagnosis for strongyloides from HTD London. I had symptoms, antigens in the blood and raised Eosinophils, but nothing was found in stools. I was given 7 doses of Ivermectin and over the following couple of years my health improved. it was such a horrible experience that I was determined not to be helpless if a similar situation occurred again. As Kinesiology was the tool that enabled me to achieve a level of diagnosis 5 yrs ago, I have studied and am now a certified Kinesiologist. So when I had a repeat of symptoms this summer I was muscle tested against parasite
vials, and then eventually muscle tested against a range of parasite
vials and guess what....it indicated the strongyloides are back. Although I use herbs in my consulting room as a norm, my experience with strongyloides in the past, and a year of using antiparasitic herbs against this parasite
5 yrs ago, I believe I need Ivermectin to iradicate it. Anyway, I have a dilemma!!! HTD London were very sceptical that I could be re-infected, unless of course I had been waddling in indemmic areas such as sub sahara Africa et, which I have not. They are insistent that the auto infective cycle would have been interrupted with just 2 doses of ivermectin. They categorically do not accept that Strongyloides is a disease for life due to encysted eggs that can hatch years after original infection, as stated in Wikipedia. My blood tests show antigens and raised Eosinophils again but they say I am a conundrum and insist on running the tests all over again and a dozen more. I know it will be unlikely that a stool test will come up positive and I know I am going to have to fight for treatment. The question is can anybody come up with a link to a medical report from a respected source or institute, such as CDC, that categorically says that re infection can occur years later even if the individual has been treated with Ivermectin. I have read all types of articles from sufferers and indeed sources like Wikipedia that says this, but I need an article from a proper medical source to substantiate the position I find myself in. From what I can make out all the Parasitologists skirt around that very point!