Yes, do not ingest Iodine
tincture, this type of Iodine
is for topical use.
Details of this patient`s health story would be of interest. And how much he ingested, and why.
Conditions that can cause hemolysis include:
Medications (Tylenol for instance)
Toxins and poisons
Other minerals may cause it as well; too much iron, potassium, a general imbalance of electrolytes.
as a cause for everything, is a mystery for me; when even the WHO claims it is a world wide deficiency. So, we are back to dosages and type of supplement...
The cases of which I saw the strongest reactions to iodine, was the ones that had been exposed to an overload of toxins (war veterans) and one that had been on many medications + a bad diet for years, typically diet products, sweeteners, vegetable oils and such.
The Iodine Forum
s have posters that have bad reaction to even the natural types of iodine; like a kelp capsule with as little as 150 mcg of iodine. RDA. Could it be a messed up system, tainted kelp, or the iodine, I dont know.
At these boards, we are people trying to correct our health issues. What we choose to ingest are at our own risk. When I took potassium first time, I ended up at the floor in an ER situation; as I took too much, too concentrated. I wouldnt dream of accuse anyone else than myself. Rather I learnt from it and have had great effect of potassium since then. Dilute, dilute; as a certain V said many times.
Choose your supplement, diet with care; also whom you listen to; is my advice.