FWIW, I recall once having some familiar pain, indicating that I was passing small stones, so I went and drank 2 pints ( 1.1 Litres ) of apple juice immediately, and within 5 mins had to rush for the toilet.
What I can say is that perhaps my body is sensetive to the malic acid? I dont know - I'd be interested in other peoples comments. I cant recall if I'd eaten anything fatty or not.
What I think I experienced was a spontaneous flush.
I had one of these experiences another time when I was on day 3 of the apple juice flush regieme, and possibly as a result I produced no stones at the end of the flush process.
I'm guessing that if you were at the poin tof the pressure in the bile duct being high while its trying to passs tones, if the malic acid started softening the stones, I guess the pressure in the duct *might* come out as the blockage was softened?
Anyway' I'd welcome peoples thoughts.