I can't sleep again tonight. I can't go on like this.
My main symptom for the last 10-15 years is depression, with a little anxiety on top. I have also had a problem with carbs. My mood seemed to be loosely linked with carbs. If I kept to a low carb diet I wasn't as bad. I am also allergic to yeast. I also noticed my mood and brain fog got worse after occasional Antibiotics
(e.g. chest infections). This all pointed to a candidiasis.
Last year I was persuaded to take strong Antibiotics
to kill bad bacteria that may have been causing my depression. After 2 weeks I stopped because I developed a white tongue and itchy bum and my mood got worse. I assumed this was conclusive evidence that my problem was Candida, not bacteria.
I now believe this conclusion was only half right. I keep very good mood records on a spreadsheet going back 7 years. Each day the spreadsheet calculates an estimated mood based on known factors. Against this I record my actual mood (1-10). This allows me to assess what protocols and medications are helpful, and which are not. Well there was a 7 day period while taking the Antibiotics
(see prev paragraph) that my mood exceeded the expected rating by the largest amount of any week in the last 7 years! This cannot be coincidence! It is clear to me now that the antibiotics did work! They did kill bacteria that were causing my depression.
However it is also true that the antibiotics allowed an overgrowth of yeast, and then my mood plummeted. I took the antibiotics for 14 days. On days 1-2 my mood was normal. On days 3-9 my mood was much better, but deteriorated rapidly on days 10-14.
Fast forward a year, to almost 3 weeks ago. I did an oral HPI, and in the process ingested a huge number of colonic
bacteria into my small intestine. After a couple of days the anxiety started and it hasn't gone away. The Depression
has gotten worse too.
Conclusion: I have a problem with both bacteria and yeast overgrowing in my small intestine. I have just made my bacterial problem much worse.
Does this make sense people? I am not well, and it's 1.30am, but I think my conclusion is valid. This is very important in deciding what to do next. If I am right, then what I am experiencing now is not yeast die-off caused by my ingested bacteria doing battle with Candida, but bad bacteria overgrowing in my small intestine where it's not meant to be.
I think my priority right now is to as quickly as possible reduce the bacteria in my small bowel. Given my Candida problem I don't really want to take antibiotics, although it might work if I also took strong antifungals.
At the moment I'm thinking of starting with high vitamin C to bowel tolerance to get some relief. Then I might start with monolaurin because it is absorbed in the small intestine so won't kill colonic