Day 3. by Tuesday2 .....


Date:   8/25/2008 11:22:19 PM ( 15 y ago)

Woke up feeling as if I'd been hit by something large and fast (100mph) moving!

It's 4pm and I've had five juices so far, some broth, and probably nine or ten glasses of water supporting my salt water flush this morning.

Every day I commute my eldest to school on foot (him on bike). This entails a 30 minute fast walk there and a 35 minute walk home. Some days I pick him up to which involves another hour fairly fast paced walking. I'm finding the morning commute OK but the afternoon trip really wipes me out. I've been trying to cope better by making two cups of juice just before leaving, drinking one then and leaving the other in the fridge (in an airtight jar with ice and a squeeze of lime to stop it from oxidizing too much) to have as soon as I return. It's working out OK and means some days I'll have an extra (6th or 7th) juice.

I left the salt water flush until this morning. I drank 4 glasses of water in the hour before the flush and another 4 accompanying the salt (2 teaspoonsful). It took an hour to kick in and once started the flush took two hours to finish - many bathroom visits required.
I really dislike salt water flushes - I like the results, but HATE drinking that salty water. And the hour before things start happening (after taking the salt and before the first bathroom stop) things can feel a bit uncomfortable.

...I don't feel better for doing the flush but for all I know I might be feeling worse if I hadn't done it (?!) so I'll try and be positive and not focus on the next flush too much!

I still haven't had much of a headache but the heaviness and fatigue I woke up with has been with me all day.

I made the BEST broth yesterday, in my slowcooker. I probably won't make it any other way from now on!

I'm technically into day four now.....maybe 1/3 of the way there :)



Popularity:   message viewed 1415 times

<< Return to the standard message view

Page generated on: 2/8/2023 5:25:27 PM in Dallas, Texas