Nov 29 2005
eft, Christmas season
Date: 11/29/2005 7:41:09 PM ( 18 y ) ... viewed 1971 times
I have listed here all the things that give me anxiety concerning the holiday season. I have tapped on some of them, and will do more as the month continues. Maybe it will help me not want to hide or run away every December.
1) gifts: don't have enough money, don't want to spend lots of money even if I have it, don't want to go shopping, don't like the crowds while shopping, don't like the driving in snow or dark to go shopping, so many gifts its just more clutter, children don't wear the clothes you buy them, don't know what to give
2) food: so much junky sweet food, so much excess at parties, no way to escape the sweets politely
3) music: so annoying to hear it before Thanksgiving, nothing new!, can't stand some songs, same songs for an entire month
4) church party: parents won't control their toddlers or kids, Santa has to visit, don't want to sing more carols, I'm already sick of them, so early - right after thanksgiving, this season isn't really the birth of the Savior (its in springtime), so much candy and junk for the kids, I hate candy canes, don't want more silly gifts from every organization when they have their party
5) travel: nervous about snow and roads, don't want to feel pressured if I don't want to go, would rather stay home and hibernate
too much commercialization, can't escape it, too much junk food, can't escape it, too many parties, can't escape them, too many concerts, must attend to support family.
Add This Entry To Your CureZone Favorites!Print this page
Email this page