I've given some more thought to the post-fast diet and here is what I have decided:
1. Transition to 60% raw food
2. Cooked food will be lean proteins turkey breast, chicken and fish
3. Red meats and/or pork very occasionaly
4. Totally eliminate white flour, white sugar - I will use whole wheat and grains for breads, whole wheat or flax pasta, spaghetti squash pasta, agave nectar and/or honey as a sweetener.
5. Totally eliminate sodas.
6. Carbs: Brown rice, potatoes and polenta in moderation.
7. Fats will be olive oil, flax oil and a vegan butter substitute
8. Sodium will be monitored carefully, I will use Sea salt.
10. Eating out: Grilled fish no butter, salads.
11. Wine: Very occaisionally and will follow it with lots of water.
12. Water: I will continue the current volume
13. Juices: I will continue the fresh fruit juices at breakfast and perhaps 2 or 3 times a week will juice the veggies at lunch.
14. Dairy - no milk, use soy milk, eggs are ok, cheese - 80 % soy cheese - occaisonally allow cows milk or goat cheese (20%).
15. Sweets - aka Desserts - fruit, fruit with agave syrup or balsamic vinegar, almond flour cakes, tofu ice cream.
16. Snacks - raw almonds, flax chips, whole wheat pretzels, veggie/rice chips, hummus, sweet potatoe chips, raw veggies: cucumber slices
So this is my game plan - I will give it a shot. I don't really look at this is a "diet" - which infers caloric restrictions - rather a lifestyle. It's actually fairly easy to follow - especially that we are fortunate to have "Trader Joes" close by - this is like Whole Foods or a natural grocery store.
I'm gearing up for the final weigh-in, over the weekend I was rushing out to dinner with friends and must have put on 4 or 5 pairs of pants - none of them fit! Pre-fast my pant size was 32" waist - now these are too big - I'm now like 29/30. OMG this is the same as my teenage son!
Anyways - I'm starting to look forward to eating soon - 1/31 is day 30. I think the first thing I will have is a handful of cherries and blueberries. At least that is what sounds good to me now.
- The Ususal
- I am going to the bathroom #1 like every 3-4 hours, urine is clear, no odor
- #2 Once, Normal
Today's Physical Outlook:
- Noticing more weight loss
Today's Mental Outlook:
- PEACEFUL, HAPPY, HEALING!