- Day 1 - I Can Do This by quantaqualia11
2,545 2 Messages Shown
Blog: Juice Fast for Health & Healing
Last night was New Year Day and for dinner I made my families favorite meal - Alaskan King Crab legs, butter sauce, steamed Brussel sprouts and broccoli quiche. Yum! It was very good. I will admit I had a "last" meal attitude and ate more than I should!
So for the juice fast here is what I am planning to do (subject to modifications as I go along):
1. Drink at least 8-10 8oz glasses of spring water per day (not tap)
2. Drink 2-3 16oz glasses of fresh fruit juice per day between morning and midday
3. Drink 2-4 16oz glasses of fresh vegtable juice per day between midday and 7pm (no later than 7pm)
4. With the water I am mixing 1 tablespoon twice a day of "Bentonite" which is a clay from Wyoming which has been used for centuries by native americans to rid the body of toxins. I got this at a health food store.
5. Twice a week I am mixing 2 tablespoons of powdered vitamin C into water - other than that I am taking no vitamin or mineral supplements. The fruits and veggies have plenty therefore dont need the supplements and feel like the supplements are too high in dose for my metabolism to handle during the detox process.
6. No other beverages, except noted above.
7. For the fruits and veggies - I will try to use as much Organic produce as I can
8. Immediately after juicing I will drink the juice - there is alot of experience with this that tells me to maximize the benefits of the enzymes to drink the juice immediately.
I have a juicer that was given to me as a present several years ago - It was tucked away in the garage. It actually is a good quality juicer - which I think is essential to do this. Got it out and ready to go.
- Apple, Pear, Carrot juice (not bad)
- Celery, Carrot, Lemon juice (not bad)
- Wheat Grass Shot (bad - It tastes like grass!)
- I am going to the bathroom #1 like every 2 hours, urine is light yellow, slight odor
- Normal #2 output twice, normal for me is 3 times a day
Today's Physical Outlook:
- I feel a little spacey, have a headache and feel low-energy
- I don't miss food
- The Bentonite is oddly calming - and tastes a little like a treat - who knew mud could be so good!
Today's Mental Outlook:
- I can do this, feel great anticipation
- A little freaking out about not eating food for 30 days, but hey look at all of the spritual icons in culture that have mastered this: Yogi's, Tibetian Monks, Jesus etc..