CureZone.org   Educating Instead of Medicating Like CureZone website on Facebook
Home > Forums31169 visitors online now Add To Favorites Log On    Join/Sign Up    User Finder   Inbox New
The Best Favorites

Newsletter:

Search:
Forums BLogs FAQ Images Health Diseases Diet Foods Cleanse Convert
Bruces Lee

Expanded All Messages [90] , Sorted by Value Source: Martial Arts Support Forum

Read This First:  Success  Educational  Failed  Warning   Images   Description   Books   Rules
 40,126 page views     91 messages     17 topics     1 pages
Post New Message  Post new topic message to this forum by using a plain text editor  Post new topic message to this forum by using advanced HTML text editor called FCK  Post new topic message to this forum by using advanced HTML text editor called Tiny MCE 

Original Layout     Add To Favorites!
Last Message
12mo ago
Search:   Top 300
Forum: Martial Arts     All Forums 

All Messages [90] , Sorted by Value   Back To Standard Forum View

Like Martial Arts Forum on Facebook.com
  • Re: also...   by InnerCalm  4y   2,063

Judo is phenomenal for in close. There are lots of discipline to choose form. Sometimes several can be good.   [End]

• 14th World Congress on Qigong & Tradtional Chinese Medicine 2012   by Dushiyo  23mo   976  Cross-post

The Academy for Chi-Kung Studies and Dr. Effie Chow from East West Academy of Healing Arts are pleased to host the The World Congress on Qigong and TCM (14WCQ), is the leading educational event in international qigong and traditional chinese medicine attracting attendance from a worldwide community, including Qigong masters, Tai Chi masters, Gongfu masters, Traditional Chinese Medicine doctors, physicians, and clinical researchers, as well as other healthcare professionals involved in natural health care. ... With performances by: ... Toronto Chinese Orchestra ... Sunny Tang Martial Arts ... Yun Danc ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: What is the best self-defence/martial arts for women?   by skyguy2k10  4y   2,701

Probably Judo or Jiu-Jitsu (similar to Judo).Those forms of martial arts are used quite frequently in MMA type fighting.Boxing is also great for all-around body conditioning and self defense purposes.Judo is what I personally would recommend first and foremost.   [End]

• Re: Martial arts with less kicking?   by EDS  4y   1,222

Most of the styles developed in Northern China or a mountainous region use primarily hand techniques for obvious reasons. Tae Kwon Do and those styles developed in Southern China use more kicking techniques. The Okinawan styles use more hand techniques especially Goju-Ryu.   [End]

• Re: Martial arts with less kicking?   by HarmonicCharge  4y   1,013

Thank you very much for the answer, ocinca ! ... ... That is Bruce Lee’s fighting style, come to find out. Interesting that there are no belt levels, at least there aren’t at the Wing Chun training institute in my city. ... ... How long have you practiced this?   [End]

• Re: Martial arts with less kicking?   by ocinca  4y   1,046

Wing chun is primarily hands and in-fighting. Just look it up in youtube. ... I’ve done it for couple of years and could easily trapped the hands of other martial artists in sparring. ... ...   [End]

• Martial arts with less kicking?   by HarmonicCharge  4y   1,112

For someone recovering from foot surgery--which form of martial arts uses less kicking and more arms? ... ... ... thanks! :)   [End]

• Re: What is the best self-defence/martial arts for women?   by #129114  4y   2,043

Best self-defence mechanism is to remove oneself from dangerous situation. If that is not possible, then one should strike fast and run. Sticking fingers to the eyes is the best approach, that gives you precious seconds before your attacker can start running after you. Do not try to beat men in strength, even if you are in good condition. That will only lead to bad places.   [End]

• Re: what if you forget your crutch/gun?   by HarmonicCharge  4y   2,016

That is an impressive skill, Motif. I would hesitate to throw my weapon at an assailant tho...then they have my weapon! ... ... I gave a guy 13 stitches once with a tiny swiss army knife in a defensive posture. He got close and the blade would slice him. ... ... I kept saying get away from me! ... ... Very effective. ... ... ... Throwing knives is cool, especially if your friend does not know you can land a knife into a wall and you just do it out of the blue. ... ... ... ...   [End]

• Re: what if you forget your crutch/gun?   by motif  4y   2,005

Knives are my favorite, easy to carry and useful for other things. ... ... knives are my favorites too, since I was kid I was throwing them at different targets.   [End]

• Re: sorta o/t   by InnerCalm  4y   2,083

He doesn’t hold a flame to the Mutant Ninja Turtles. ... ... ... How is your husband?   [End]

• what if you forget your crutch/gun?   by HarmonicCharge  4y   2,051

why not take several styles of martial arts and explore the different techniques? ... ... I have training in martial arts and also have weapons training. ... ... I don’t carry a gun everywhere, but even in old age I will have the training that may save my life one day in case of attack, or at least give me an edge. ... ... My children will have to learn self defense. We can’t carry guns everywhere, to the bathroom, to the store, to the movies??? ... ... What if someone takes that gun away? ... ... Verbal judo is a valuable tool also. ... ... Knives are my favorite, easy to carry and useful for other things.   [retrieve this message]

• Re: yeah, buy yourself a tank...   by #119588  4y   2,057

You make large sweeping assumptions about carrying a gun. The way you make it sound, sooner or later it will come down to live and die by the gun if you have one. Not so. The vast majority of people who have, and carry, or just have, never pick up their weapon in defense, or anger. Most people go through lifetimes never having to resort to a gun. Because most who understand law and responsibility don’t or won’t. Frankly it is your kind of mentality that scares me as much as bad guys who do resort to guns, because it is vacant of reality and understanding but full of emotion. State fa ...   [retrieve this message]

• Image Embedded Re: yeah, buy yourself a tank...   by motif  4y   2,253

no, you missed the point - I’m not against guns, I’d shoot off by myself half of the populations on earth sometimes but ... there is old saying: live by the sword, die by the sword ... ... so sooner or later your gun will turn out to be this one: ... http://www.rosetown.org.nz/images/funnygun.jpg ... ... ... ... [Image Embedded Here]   [End]

• Image Embedded get a dog or a tiger...   by motif  4y   2,191

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_fBx99vSqthQ/SxTb3jPEvhI/AAAAAAAAAZw/L37MGveX42w/s1600/tiger-woods.jpg ... ... woops, not this one... ... ... with tiger nobody will bother you ever... ... ... http://www.comedycentral.com/tosh.0/files/2009/12/woman-on-tiger.jpg [Image Embedded Here]   [End]

• Re: yeah, buy yourself a tank...   by #119588  4y   2,127

What an incredibly stupid thing to say Motif. You completely miss the point.   [End]

• Re: What is the best self-defence/martial arts for women?   by Johny Apple Bomb  4y   2,022

Kenpo Karate is a good one as they include many soft tissue targets with the hands such as the eyes, groin and throat. You also learn to read people if you practice the right type. ... ... It takes forever to be able to really fight good with ti though as the best techniques are saved for higher belts. ... ... Their is no substitute for physical strength, stamina and speed though. Get a Gun and some Mace also. ... ...   [End]

• Image Embedded yeah, buy yourself a tank...   by motif  4y   2,217

I wonder how many times did you shot anybody yet... ... ... ... ... I see some here watched too many Rambo movies.... ... [Image Embedded Here]   [End]

• Re: Versus killed/raped/hospitalized????   by ciscokid  4y   2,188

Spuds, ... ... Agree. ’Training the mind’ has far better outcomes than sticking something in one’s hands as if that is going to be better. Completely agree...   [End]

• Re: Versus killed/raped/hospitalized????   by InnerCalm  4y   2,036

”The student’s who accepts their response as inappropriate, and sees it for what it is, and are humbled (mostly women)... go on in many cases to become some of our best students - and teachers.” ... ... And guys in touch with their feminine side. ... ... Teee heeee (giggles like a girl)   [End]

• Re: Versus killed/raped/hospitalized????   by spudlydoo  4y   2,122

Cisco, I’ve always thought that feeling you need to be armed to protect yourself, actually makes you more of a victim. In order for this to be an effective strategy, a person would have to carry the weapon with them all the time, and the weapon would need to be loaded. Apart from the inconvienience of carrying a heavy gun around, there is, for me, the unacceptable danger that this weapon could find its way into the hands of a child, or be stolen and used against someone else. ... ... Most stranger assaults are not planned affairs, they are usually very quick, with little time to think about ta ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Versus killed/raped/hospitalized????   by ciscokid  4y   2,088

Spuds, that is gospel, what your pop taught you. If possible, start and stay calm. So much more can be affected if one operates from a relaxed state. Like Grz sz, training can teach you to get there. Your missive is well said...   [End]

• Re: Versus killed/raped/hospitalized????   by ciscokid  4y   2,004

Grz, I believe you are spot on. Training is priceless.   [End]

• Re: AFTER I was attacked...   by grzbear  4y   2,044

”...(attempted rape), I studied tae kwon do. And I have not been attacked since! So, it worked, yes...?”” ”Tae kwon do, of course, boosted my fitness level, but the most important benefits were mental, the concentration and focus required to do the forms properly is a valuable state to cultivate.” ”I was attacked because I placed myself in a questionable situation. I was stupid. Avoidance is key.” ”I think that I became a stronger person as a result of my martial arts studies, and the # of stupid things I have done since that time has definitely decreased:)” I think that I became a stronge ...   [retrieve this message]

• Video Embedded Re: sorta o/t   by wombat  4y   2,065

Jackie Chan RULES!!!! ... ... [Video Embedded Here]   [End]

• Re: Versus killed/raped/hospitalized????   by grzbear  4y   1,998

”I think most people think this training is about fighting.” ”I think most people think this training is about fighting.” ... ... As you clearly pointed out... it is not. But then the majority of MA schools seem to be pay for the next belt schools and the students never come to realize this - and in many cases are never even introduced to the concept. ... ... Schools that focus on the mental skills of dealing with one’s ego, emotions, and the conflict at hand, promote when the student is ready... this includes the student’s mental progress in being able to deal with their own egos and emotions, in ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Versus killed/raped/hospitalized????   by InnerCalm  4y   2,039

Great post. Having trained in martial arts myself years ago, the benefits were great. It literally turned my life around in many ways. I lived in a neighborhood in my teens and was the brunt of many attacks. There was a gang that liked to wild and would pick on lone wolves. ... ... After excellent training it only took one more attack on me to end all attacks. After I smoked a gang leader in front of other members, as well as many other people. I was never bothered again. In fact, after that, I was a person that others would come to if they were being targeted. Things dried up in that re ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: also...   by wombat  4y   2,042

...forgot to say that I think that just about any martial art would be beneficial in assisting you in cultivating a strong mental state and confidence in yourself...therefore you will be less likely to place yourself in a questionable situation. I favor TKD because...that’s the only one I know(or, knew)! ... ... And it really is a great form for women, with emphasis on lower-body moves.   [End]

• Re: Versus killed/raped/hospitalized????   by grzbear  4y   2,037

I think you clarified the previous poster for me with the *culture of fear* statement. Thank you. ... ... ”My Father was an unarmed combat instructer for the army for many years, his advice was always , first, don’t panic, if you panic no amount of training or weapons are going to be of any use to you. If you are not carrying a weapon, make use of whatever is around you, including whatever body parts you may have free.” ”My Father was an unarmed combat instructer for the army for many years, his advice was always , first, don’t panic, if you panic no amount of training or weapons are going to ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Versus killed/raped/hospitalized????   by grzbear  4y   2,108

”physical training will not be effective in helping a woman fend off a male attacker.” ”Training on how to ESCAPE after being kidnapped or bound/gagged and put in a trunk is VICTIM MENTALITY and a false sense of security with fairytale wishes.” ”A person with a gun is much much less likely to even make it to the ”trunk stage” and god knows what else the attacker has in mind after that.” ”You all are letting the criminals dictate how society is run. The victims are blamed and the attackers become the victims.” ”And please give me some examples of when you said ”all too often the defender is ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Screaming   by wombat  4y   2,026

In my case, screaming resulted in strangulation, so I’ll have to agree with you there.   [End]

• Re: AFTER I was attacked...   by wombat  4y   2,056

...(attempted rape), I studied tae kwon do. And I have not been attacked since! So, it worked, yes...? ... ... Tae Kwon Do is GREAT for women, involves a lot of kicking, great physical and mental conditioning. ... ... I would not want to have to actually use it on anyone though(or, I would not have wanted to, when I was practicing non-stop). ... ... Tae kwon do, of course, boosted my fitness level, but the most important benefits were mental, the concentration and focus required to do the forms properly is a valuable state to cultivate. ... ... I was attacked because I placed myself in a questionable situatio ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Versus killed/raped/hospitalized????   by spudlydoo  4y   2,108

Good post, great points. There is a culture of fear surrounding being female, that somehow women are supposed to live in constant fear of attack. I know from my experience working for the coroners dept, in close association with police, that most assaults, (in my country), are not women being attacked by men, but men attacking other men. Rape is much more common in families and people known to the victim, than stranger attacks. Women are in much more danger of violent attack in their own homes, than outside in the wider community. Statistics show that violent assaults on women, by men, are ...   [retrieve this message]

• Image Embedded Re: get a gun - and go the jail?   by #89866  4y   2,117

Sorry to hear, after I had the Mirena removed I went through panic attacks and months of anxiety issues. All other symptoms you read here I’ve had too. Hopefully you get it out soon and good luck ... [Image Embedded Here]   [End]

• Re: Versus killed/raped/hospitalized????   by #89866  4y   2,106

I don’t think #119588 meant that it is a folly to attempt to defend oneself. I think #119588 meant that physical training will not be effective in helping a woman fend off a male attacker. ... ... Physical training against a knife or gun is for entertainment and movies, not reality. Training on how to ESCAPE after being kidnapped or bound/gagged and put in a trunk is VICTIM MENTALITY and a false sense of security with fairytale wishes. You are giving yourself up to the whims of a criminal attacker and letting him make the decisions about how the situation will end up. A person with a gun is ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Screaming   by grzbear  4y   2,077

”Screaming will likely cause the attacker to try to shut you up.” ”Screaming will likely cause the attacker to try to shut you up.” ... ... not necessarily; it depends entirely upon the circumstances whether screaming and making a scene will benefit or not; in a public or semi-public place with enough people around it could be very effective... ... ... That is why you must train yourself to be able to think clearly through these things, assess, and react appropriately under duress. ... ... In other words... if no one was around, screaming and making a scene may not work, so why waste vital energies towa ...   [retrieve this message]

• I think those girls were in my class last semester n/m   by MissCast  4y   1,987

• Re: Versus killed/raped/hospitalized????   by grzbear  4y   2,090

”The idea that anyone could acquire enough physical training to defend themselves in dire circumstances is folly.” ”The idea that anyone could acquire enough physical training to defend themselves in dire circumstances is folly.” ... ... No... it is not ever folly to defend oneself, no matter the circumstances, training or not. I think it folly not to try if it comes to that. ... ... However, your point is well taken, and that is why a competent martial arts or self defense school will also spend a great deal of time, perhaps even more than 50%, in the practice of mental training and conditioning ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Versus killed/raped/hospitalized????   by #119588  4y   2,038

89866 could not be more correct. ... ... Creating a false sense of security through advertising that suggests You Too Can Defeat An Attacker is crap. Crap. Weapons training. Either that, or don’t get into a situation that would cause one to need such training in the first place. The idea that anyone could acquire enough physical training to defend themselves in dire circumstances is folly. Very very few could ever attain that. ... ... ... More to the point. ... ... - It gives you false sense of security. ... ... Actually, it gives me a great sense of security because I am highly trained in the use and hand ...   [retrieve this message]

• Screaming   by #89866  4y   2,122

Screaming will likely cause the attacker to try to shut you up. Use your imagination. ... ... Someone who puts you in a situation where you need to scream, should be shot. Whether the attacker lives or dies from a bullet is the gamble he took. Have you ever really heard a real scream? Listen to those 911 calls on Youtube that I posted. Those are not movie and tv screams from actors, thay are real disturbing noises that humans make when they are about to be killed/raped/mamed.   [End]

• Victim mentality   by #89866  4y   2,074

”I’d suggest also to think about stick (long or short) fighting classes - very effective even against the knife.” -motif ... ... ... ... ... Effective? Are you kidding? First of all a ”stick” (considered a club or baton or striking weapon) is often illegal to carry such as where I live, while a gun is legal with a permit (again where I live). A STICK against a knife weilding attacker? A woman has no chance against that, unless she has a GUN. Don’t tell me you wouldn’t wish that you had a gun if attacked by a knife.   [End]

• Versus killed/raped/hospitalized????   by #89866  4y   2,151

Apparently motif you would rather the original poster be carried by 6 than judged by 12. You actually think a court of law is more of a threat to a woman than a killer/rapist? ... ... I’ll tell you what a false sense of security is - telling a woman that she will be protected by learning some punches and kicks against a male attacker, even if he has a knife. A false sense of security is telling a woman to rely on the police to protect her. Try calling 911 and see how that works out for you. You motif seem like the kind of person who keeps guns out of the hands of women and thus are indire ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: use your charm :)   by motif  4y   2,121

hey I have come up with one more way for a women to win confrontation - screaming! I heard that some chinese girls can scream so loud and high that ears and windows get broken.   [End]

• Re: use your charm :)   by grzbear  4y   2,005

LOL... ... ... I did say for *most* people. There are always exceptions. ... ... running is underrated... and if you can, one of the best options. ... ... Most important though is being able to think clearly throughout the event... I have witnessed many people literally *freezing*, or responding inappropriately in simple verbal confrontations - these folks would likely never fair very well in a physical assault. ... ... grz- ... ...   [End]

• Re: use your charm :)   by motif  4y   2,033

this takes training too for most people... unless they have wrestled, boxed, or played some other contact sport throughout their lives. ... ... ... not necessarily, kicking somebody into groins it’s actually pretty easy especially when he’s not expecting something like this. I’d train if I was a woman or a man - running, old fashion long distance running. This one alone saved me few times already from dogs, aliens etc.   [End]

• Re: "vulnerable spots"...be very careful here Re: use your charm :)   by grzbear  4y   2,026

That is why you must be able to think clearly through these situations in order to respond appropriately. ... ... it takes a great deal of *proper*, and *realistic* practice. ... ... grz- ... ...   [End]

• Re: use your charm :)   by grzbear  4y   2,142

”avoid confrontation at all cost” ”attack as quickly as you can at most vulnerable spot of the attacker” attack as quickly as you can at most vulnerable spot of the attacker” ... ... this takes training too for most people... unless they have wrestled, boxed, or played some other contact sport throughout their lives. ... ... reflex and instinct causes most people to back away from an attacker. ... ... Being proactive, and *attacking* an an attacker goes against this; backing away whether through fear or reflex is perhaps the worst thing you can do in many cases. ... ... That is why Krav Maga and other self ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: "vulnerable spots"...be very careful here Re: use your charm :)   by motif  4y   2,116

Angering or enraging an attacker is never a good option. ... ... but you don’t want to please him too, do you? ... ... that’s why second part of my advice was run.   [End]

• "vulnerable spots"...be very careful here Re: use your charm :)   by unyquity  4y   2,101

FYI, most vulnerable spot of the male attacker are his nuts, ... next eyes, adam’s apple, ears, shins and so on. When you go on more force is required. Usually women wear very good shoes to hurt somebody so use it. FYI, most vulnerable spot of the male attacker are his nuts, ... next eyes, adam’s apple, ears, shins and so on. When you go on more force is required. Usually women wear very good shoes to hurt somebody so use it. I agree, these are the vulnerable areas. ... ... ’Just want to add -- please be VERY cautious with the ”go for the vulnerable spot” defense. The last thing any person wants t ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: use your charm :)   by mo123  4y   2,091

You got that right. Even on the internet I am a prime target. No nuts on the internet though, dang.   [End]

• Image Embedded Re: get a gun - and go the jail?   by motif  4y   2,231

this is the most radical american approach and there are many problems with it. It gives you false sense of security. Once you draw a gun better be sure you’re prepared to kill otherwise you will be shot for sure. ... ... When you kill somebody even the worse scum on earth you will be at mercy of more and more stupid law and even more stupid judges, so be prepared to go to jail either. There are many cases in history when innocent, good citizen served years in prison for defending himself or his family. ... Another thing is it’s hard or impossible to carry a gun everywhere you go these days. ... ... p ... [Image Embedded Here]   [retrieve this message]

• Re: use your charm :)   by motif  4y   2,057

One of the few times being dressed as a Muslim saved my life. ... ... I wouldn’t c*** on that these days though... ... ... ... To sum up - if you don’t plan to spend your life on training ... the best solution is avoid confrontation at all cost, should it happen though - attack as quickly as you can at most vulnerable spot of the attacker and run Forest run like a wind... ... ... p.s. ... FYI, most vulnerable spot of the male attacker are his nuts, ... next eyes, adam’s apple, ears, shins and so on. When you go on more force is required. Usually women wear very good shoes to hurt somebody so use it.   [retrieve this message]

• get a gun.   by #89866  4y   2,145

GET A GUN. ... ... Not pepper spray, not a stun gun. A real gun. ... ... Take a gun course, learn how to shoot and get a gun for your home. Take a concealed carry course, get the license and carry a gun with you. ... ... Martial arts will not do much for you, even if you spend the majority of your life focus and time trying to ”master” a martial art. A gun is MUCH more effective, MUCH quicker to use, with MUCH less investment. Just get some practice shooting and some situational training. ... ... ”Intelligence and intuition” is getting a gun before you need it, before you are attacked. Sorry to be so blu ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: use your charm :)   by mo123  4y   2,215

Now you are talking Grz. ... ... I was mugged in Los Angeles and the thief wanted my purse and I refuse to let go. He pleaded with me and then showed me a gun. Ok, I let go and I screamed and hollered my husband is going to kill you. ... ... I turned around and they had a man standing behind me. He gave me a look and to this day I have not forgotten that I was lucky to be alive. ... ... Had I resisted, used karate or pepper spray,I would be dead. Dont’ be stupid, give them what they want but never go with them. ... ... I later talked to the cops and they told me the only reason I am alive today is becau ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: use your charm :)   by grzbear  4y   2,108

”let’s face it in real dangerous situation few weeks or even months are not enough to act appropriately.” ”let’s face it in real dangerous situation few weeks or even months are not enough to act appropriately.” ... ... True... even people who have trained for years freeze up... when confronted with a real scenario. ... ... If one has never faced a life and death situation during their lifetime, I do not care how well they are trained... they never really know how they will react until the time comes. Others may react, but all their training goes out the window because they have never developed th ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: use your charm :)   by motif  4y   2,131

Absolutely... but that takes training and a lot of practice too. ... ... exactly right - I was suggesting aikido and tai chi because it will be healthy all around and more adequate for a woman. Not sure though how much time she wants to spend. There are some short self defense courses but let’s face it in real dangerous situation few weeks or even months are not enough to act appropriately. Quick solution is pepper spray or stun gun.   [End]

• Re: use your charm :)   by grzbear  4y   2,098

”the best style is fighting without the fighting.” ”the best style is fighting without the fighting.” ... ... Absolutely... but that takes training and a lot of practice too. Very, very few martial arts schools offer competent training in these techniques. ... ... I also agree with Aikido or Tai chi, however, they are not as effective against some relentless crazed individual IMO unless you are extremely well trained and this takes years and years - ask any law enforcement officer that has emptied his\her clip into someone who is whacked out, and still ends up getting injured or worse - I know of ...   [retrieve this message]

• use your charm :)   by motif  4y   2,160

but in case you’re serious the best defense for women or other weak persons are these types of martial arts which uses force of the attacker against him. Aikido or Tai chi would be probably the best for you. I’d suggest also to think about stick (long or short) fighting classes - very effective even against the knife. ... Hard styles like karate, kung fu are really not for women IMHO unless you want to have lot’s of bruises, hardened hands, feet etc... ... ... Remember - the best style is fighting without the fighting.   [End]

• Re: What is the best self-defence/martial arts for women?   by grzbear  4y   2,287

Most women have very strong hips and legs. ... ... I would narrow the focus down to an art that emphasizes kicking. ... ... Taking out the knee of an attacker with any number of kicks is as effective as anything. ... ... Once they are down... run away, or if necessary (person has a fire arm - and\or still has enough drive to continue the attack), finish it off with an ax kick or two to any number of vulnerable bones... or to the head. ... ... You should, as you achieve advanced ranks, learn various disabling and kill strike points in class. ... ... Other thoughts would be Krav Maga which emphasizes the use of kic ...   [retrieve this message]

• What is the best self-defence/martial arts for women?   by #58606  4y   2,351  Cross-post

Anyone have any experience, or know someone, who has taken ... or taught women’s self-defence classes? I’ve been searching the internet but find there are so many, so I am quite confused? I am looking for one that basically not so much fights back, but uses more intelligence and intuition to know how to get out of the way. I was recommended Wenlido, is that a good one ? Just wondering which ones are the best. ... ... Thanks for your help.   [End]

• Powerful healer, Xuezhong Zhao, in the bay area, CA   by #49420  5y   3,239

He was famous in healing even when he was in Beijing. He locates in Fremont, CA and properly still doing healing works. He is gifted, that his power channel opened after he practiced qigong for not very long. Several of my friends got pretty good results from his healing, but not ... much benefits from practicing his qigong though! ... ... http://www.masterzhao.com/   [End]

• muscular-skeletal-tendon problems   by boatman  5y   3,770

i do sincerely hope your surgery gives you results you want,bob. ... ... there is a fine line between natural degeneration of the body and injury. ... ... i was told i’d be in a wheel chair in 6 months, 19 years ago, from herniated discs.I read a book on stress disorders(funny how my body would hurt only when i was money broke.)I can run down the street carrying you.i still have the discs. ... ... next time i was poor, i had TMJ(with a fever and swollen lymph nodes).work came in,TMJ gone. ... ... next time no money-bang, frozen shoulder,burrsitus.i realized the connection,and with alittle acupuncture, i didn’ ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: My Right Shoulder - Arthroscopic Surgery Pictures   by Johny Apple Bomb  5y   4,359

The Bench press. Try Strand pulling exercises next time. They heal the shoulder. Develop the fast twitch muscles and tendons.   [End]

• Image Embedded My Right Shoulder - Arthroscopic Surgery Pictures   by _BOB  5y   4,054  Cross-post

... Dr. Richard Fleming of Princeton Orthopaedic Associates operated on my right shoulder last Thursday (August 27, 2009). Done arthroscopically - he found it to be less damaged than when my left shoulder was done (2005). ... ... ... ... Full story and more pictures on Bob’s Blitz [Image Embedded Here]   [End]

• Luo Pei Yu in SFO   by #49420  5y   3,102

She is from China, practiced when she was a child, start teaching qiong in SFO YWCA chinatown in the eighties. So she is a real master with lots of teaching experiences. I know she moved to the Sunset district more than ten years ago, Irving St? Good luck! ... ...   [End]

• Re: Chi-gong/martial arts in the bay area, CA   by thundermind  5y   3,062

Yes i can train you. I practice nei kung an internal power building exercise. I bulid my internal energy then i convert it into internal power which is an electrical type of energy. My practice makes me extremely healthy and full of radiant energy.   [End]

• Abnormal Mosquito Bite - Should I get it checked out?   by staratsx  6y   2,845  Cross-post

For the past two nights, I have been receiving several mosquito bites, because for some reason, my local area has a mosquito problem? (Tampa, FL area) ... ... Two nights ago, I was bitten by a mosquito, now this is probably nothing, but I’ve never had a mosquito bite look quite like this before - I’m almost starting to think the bite derived from another insect all together... ... ... When I woke up in the middle of the night, the bite looked exactly like a normal mosquito bite typically looks....however, over the course of the next day (and today), the initial tiny ”welt” has disappeared, and I no ...   [retrieve this message]

• New to the forums   by 2MuchHeat  7y   780

Hey guys what up. My sensei is trying to start up a clothing brand and we’re just looking for some feedback. We are really trying our best to cater to the martial arts community since there is no urban wear support here we decided to start something fresh for us martial artists to wear since skaters, surfers and what not have lots of apparel to choose from. We’d be really grateful if you dropped a few comments as we will be checking back often to interact directly with the martial arts community. please check us out if you have time at sanbongear.com - thanks and our continued support ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: Questions/Answers   by lilpolock  7y   1,872

Vinny, ... As I haven’t even benn attuned yet I found your answer quite overwhelming. ... However I do appreiate the time and consideration you put into your reply. ... Also noted this message has been viewed over 70 times, so I’m sure that ... many others have also benefited from your reply. ... Thank you very much, ... Margie   [End]

• Re: chardy Thank you 4 your reply n/m   by lilpolock  7y   1,810

• Chi-gong/martial arts in the bay area, CA   by Evton B  7y   3,366  Cross-post

Does anybody have any refferals of any chi-gong/martial arts masters in the bay area, CA.(by San Francisco) ... ... I have decided to become dedicated to the art of medicinal chi-gong and want to know what path I should take in order to acheive this. Any help would be awesome!!   [End]

• Re: Questions/Answers   by #79128  7y   1,991

BEing Reiki ... ... Some will notice, in reading this book that there is a clear attempt to try to delineate what was in the Hayashi and Takata traditions of Usui Shiki Ryoho from the material that was added on later. Understand that the emphesis here is not on division, but simple clarity. People will develop whatever level of complexity that is needed for them; for what they perceive to be their ”truth”. ... ... Many come to reiki as part of their ”spirituality” . We chase this up one side of the street and down another; we are ”seekers”. We seek union with the god that we have conceptually crea ...   [retrieve this message]

• Martial arts/Ninja camp in Thailand   by JaseP  7y   897

I heard there was a Live in martial arts/ninja camp in Thailand. Does anyone know anything about it?   [End]

• Re: Questions   by chardy  7y   1,958

Thanks for posting again, very interesting - I had no answers for you. ... ... We are all imperfect beings and that you strive to leave your attachment to difficult/unproductive emotions that makes you a ’bette’ person. But, being human, I believe we must try to feel all that we can in order to understand our place in our own mind and in the world around us. ... ... I wish you good luck, that you know you can be these things is far more than most people ever understand about themselves.   [End]

• love   by EllaShinesBrightly  7y   720

... what else is there to say about martial arts? ... you just do it ... and u love it ... plain and simple   [End]

• Re: Questions   by lilpolock  7y   2,376

Since no one replied to this I took it to reiki practitioner ... and was told that it is a process ... an unfolding if I understood rightly ... ... since im trying to grow and unfold myself this makes sense to me ... ... just thought i’d share. ... m   [End]

• Questions   by lilpolock  7y   2,323  Cross-post

... A church I go to offers free Reiki during both their services and also on a separate day. ... Experiencing Reiki has helped me, so... ... I have been considering getting an attunement to become a Reiki healer. ... The problem I am having is with the Reiki principles. ... ... To be honest I am unable to embrace these principles. ... I get angry ... I worry ... I do not always show gratitude ... I am sometimes lazy ... I am not always kind ... ... These past couple of weeks I got very angry. ... After feeling like a door mat most of my life ... I enjoyed the powerful feeling of my anger. ... I don’t want to deny or repress this ang ...   [retrieve this message]

• Online: Martial Arts TV   by _BOB  7y   1,065

Very nice. ... ... ... http://player.narrowstep.tv/skins/0018/nsp.aspx?player=MartialArtsTV ...   [End]

• Re: martial arts   by grzbear  8y   1,501

Tang Soo Do ... ... grz   [End]

• Re: martial arts   by #54894  8y   1,508

Yes. Kenpo Karate.   [End]

• martial arts   by jkanidan  8y   1,425

Any karateka out there?   [End]

• Re: does muay thai benefit the body.   by traderdrew  8y   2,246

I am not a muay thai expert by any means. I have studied it. I think there are a lot of dumbed up versions of this ring fighting art here in the States. There are two things about it that I couldn’t use effectively while I was sparring. ... ... 1. The square like stance they employ. I would always get hit in the stomach. ... ... My kick boxing instructor told me they don’t use that stance in Thailand. He told me those instructors you learned it from saw it on some films. (That made me laugh.) ... ... 2. The elbows. I never land any elbows when I was sparring a kick boxer. It made more sense to me ...   [retrieve this message]

• does muay thai benefit the body.   by jameselectronic  8y   2,479

a couple of people i know have stopped muay thai as they say conditioning involved in it is no good for your body and it is little more than brutal fighting. ... i probably would agree with the first remark as it cant be good walking away from the gym after a workout with blood seeping from your shins and heavily bruised ribs, but there is so much more to mauy thai than just hurting the other opponent. ... a properly judged fight in thailand would see tremendous kicks or spinning elbows or punches that must have taken years to master enough to use in a fight. ... i think what you find over here (in ...   [retrieve this message]

• Re: I love Muay Thai :)   by jameselectronic  8y   2,434

Excellent, Excellent, Excellent! ... ... a forum for muay thai, i love it too and have practiced it for a year on and off, over the last 3 months i have really got into it and been training 4 times a week. i would train more but i have work and a full time gf and money will not stretch much further. ... ... anyone from the uk here??? ... ...   [End]

• Re: I love Muay Thai :)   by _BOB  8y   1,799

I agree that Muay Thai is one of the most effective arts. ... ... Looking forward to the UFC tonight and Royce Gracie’s return to USA fighting! ... ... bobmantz.com   [End]

• Re: I love Muay Thai :)   by meire  8y   1,826

I don’t get that, there were a few, they’ve been removed! Don’t ask me why....   [End]

• I love Muay Thai :)   by LightedSoul  8y   1,872

Hey Everyone :)... I spotted the words muay thai,boxing,martial arts etc... so it caught my attention; but hey there are no messages posted here!   [End]

• Hey, I know that guy!!   by M.O.G.  8y   1,106

Hello, ... ... I study Mr. Lee’s style, before it was called Jeet Kune Do. ... ... My sifu’s, sifu, worked out with Bruce and took over his school in Seattle. ... ... He is still to this day the owner of that school, and also is the keeper of Bruce’s gravesite. ... ... Nice to see this place. ... ... Peace....   [End]

• Ha ha great picture!! n/m   by meire  8y   903

• Edited   by #58807  8y   913

Yasuragi furenzo! ... I practise Wado Ryu Karate, looking forward to hearing from others who practise martial arts. ... ... Mel   [End]

Filter Messages: order by

Selected Ads from CureZone Sponsors: Become a Sponsor

VIP

Did you poop today?
All natural constipation relief!
Herpes Treatment News
World-First Single Application Herpes Treatment.
Suffering Arthritis?
Ready to learn the real cause of arthritis and how to naturally get rid ...

PLAT

Iodine Supports Thyroid Health
#1 Rated Iodine Supplement! 180-Day Money Back Guarantee. Free...
Free Clark DVD!
A rare interview with Dr. Hulda Clark on DVD for FREE. Patients give their te...

GOLD

Proven medical anti-diabetic benefits
Electrolyzed drinking water significantly reduces blood...
Proven Candida Diet
The Only Legitimate Diet for Treating Candida in 30 Days
Oleander Pure Concentrate Capsules
Leukemia and Cancer Immune System Support, 15% Off with CZ...
Proven Parasite Diet
The Only Legitimate Diet for Destroying Parasites in 30 Days or Less

GOLD

Royal Supreme Flax Hull Lignans
Flax is a well-established source of the essential fatty acid...
Anti Cancer Medical Effect
Medical researchers confirm electrolyzed reduced water protects ag...
Tools, Tools, Tools!
Tools for Healing is specialized in alternative medicine devices of all ...
Natural Cancer Remedies

SILVER

Lugol’s Iodine Free S&H
J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.
Oraltech Labs
Oraltech Labs is the largest independent researcher covering halitosis, bad Ora...
Life Technology™
Transformational Technology For Mind Body And Soul.
Amazing Oleander-Based Skin Cream
The best ever age defying skin cream for wrinkles and uneve...

Back To Top How many people click on the sponsord links? Become a Sponsor

Add This Forum To Your Favorites!

Share:  Facebook  MySpace  Digg  Reddit  StumbleUpon  Furl this page  Delicious  BlinkList  dzone  Simpy.com  Fark.com  BlogMarks  Wists.com  Google

Translate This Page:

French    German    Spain    Italian    Dutch    Russian    Portuguese    Japanese    Korean    Arabic    Chinese Simplified

91 messages, 17 topics, topics per page limited to: 150, average number of messages per page: 91, 1 pages,  40,126 page views

"Antibiotics... may be the single greatest cause of candidiasis."
~ Murray Susser, M.D.

Image Galler Martial Arts Image Gallery         Image Galler Last 30 Uploads

High Blood Pressure?
3 easy exercises drop blood pressure below 120/80 as soon as today

Herpes Cure?
It certainly is a major breakthrough in how Herpes is Treated

Constipated by medication?
Find relief!

#1 Rated Iodine Supplement! 180-Day Money Back Guarantee. Fr...

Opc Oleander Capsules
HIV and Cancer Support, 15% discount with CZ discount code of LR001

Detoxify and Cleanse Naturally
Drink ionized alkaline waters medically proven health benefi...

Electrolyzed drinking water significantly reduces blo...

Proven Parasite Diet

Proven Candida Diet

Hydrazine Sulfate - Cancer Support
Hydrazine Sulfate’s Original Proponent, Dr. Joseph Gold ...

Natural Cancer Remedies

Google Ads

High Blood Pressure?

Herpes Cure?

Find relief!

Opc Oleander Capsules

Proven Parasite Diet

Proven Candida Diet

Natural Cancer Remedies

Google Ads

High Blood Pressure?

Herpes Cure?

Find relief!

Opc Oleander Capsules

Proven Parasite Diet

Proven Candida Diet

Natural Cancer Remedies

Google Ads

Google Ads

Donate to CureZone

Guest Book - Liver Flush FAQ - News - Link Exchange - Add URL - How To Exchange Links? - About Global Directory

Terms of Service - Privacy Policy - Spam Policy - Disclaimer - Guidelines & Rules - Forum Trolls - Fair use notice

Staff's pages:  Owen - Wrenn - Maya

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - About - Donors - Stats

Copyright 2014  curezone.org

fetched in 2.34 sec at 4/17/2014 7:24:10 PM, requested by 54.196.57.4, referred by http://curezone.org/forums/s2.asp?f=737 , requested 1 pages during this session, y=8