CureZone
Old Format -> CureZone.INFO
Side effects to ashwagandha.
Forum: Adrenal Fatigue Cure Forum

• Side effects to ashwagandha.   risen87   21mo  C
    This is NOT my avatar. This is just randomly assigned image, until I upload my own avatar. Click here to see my profile.
    risen87
    Side effects to ashwagandha.
    PM
    Date: 10/18/2012 9:44:24 PM   ( 21mo ago )
    Hits:   3587   Size: 2928 char.   Bad Message Alert: Alert Moderators on This BAD Message   Good Message Alert: Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

Hi, I was just wondering what opinons people would have on my situation. About a month and a half ago I suspected I developed adrenal fatigue because I was getting new symptoms in addition to my candida and started supplementing to help with it. I tried ashwagandha which worked great for 2 weeks, then added some other stuff in (licorice root, acetyl-l-cartenine, extra b-5 and c). That week, I started getting severe headaches, dissociation from the world around me, crazy thoughts, feelings of death and panic, and feeling extremely close to passing out. I went to the ER and got tests from the previous day and was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. My tsh was at 17 that day and 11 the next. I got on levothyroxine right away and stopped all the adrenal supplements to stop interference with testing, and to stop whatever was causing me to feel so messed up.That week I felt manic and frayed within 5 days so I was dropped from 50mcg to 25mcg. Slowly I started to feel better, and I was finally starting to detox the candida in my system again (I was on the toilet for 3 days passing colonies). After that, I got signs of being pushed into hyperthyroidism again, more candida symptoms came back and I saw my new naturopath around the same time. She put me on st johns wort, glutathione, more b vitamins, and got me back on ashwagandha. Since then I've been a lot more able to deal with stress, more social, had a lot more energy, but the symptoms I had when on adrenal supplements are coming back when I take ashwagandha. I talked to my ND but she told me to push through and that it needs to work together with the levothyroxine to level things out. I cut down to half a pill the last 2 days and it's still bad. I called today and didn't get a call back, so I'm just not taking it anymore. The only thing I'm worried about is that it may be keeping my tsh level in check, because I haven't had signs of my thyroid being off too far either way while I've been on it. Something else worth noting is that I get signs of my candida thriving and dying while on it. I don't want to get off it and my tsh goes too low and my adrenals aren't properly supported, but I don't want to stay on it and feel this way. One good thing is that I have a lot of testing coming up. My western doc is doing cbc, iron and tibc, ferritin, b12, rbc, reticulocyte, immunoglobulin a, t-transglutaminase, thyroid peroxidase, am and pm cortisol, t4, tsh, esr, and my ND is testing for t3, cbc, lipid panel, and d3. If anybody has experienced anything like I have with the ashwagandha, or knows what I should do from here given the info I've provided, please let me know. I'm doing a little better and am making some progress, but theres still a lot of unanswered questions and a lot more healing to do.

Your reply:
    Reply   CK  FCK  MCE
    Printer-friendly version of this page
    Email this message to a friend
    Bookmark this page/Add to Favorites or press Ctrl+D
    Alert Webmaster & Moderators
    Bad Message Alert: Alert Moderators on This BAD Message  Good Message Alert: Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message
    How do you feel about this message?     Like     Dislike       Hide this question
    Find & Order All Messages Posted by risen87
    by
    DISCLAIMER
    Google Ads

Google Ads

Selected Ads from CureZone Sponsors: Become a Sponsor

VIP

14 Liver Cleansing Foods
I would encourage you to incorporate these liver cleanse foods into ...
I regained my life!
I no longer worry about having Herpes outbreaks
Heal Type 2 Diabetes
Simple, 3-step natural approach heals diabetes within a month. No side e...
Alternatives to medications
Psychiatry Alternatives, Schizophrenia, Depression, ADHD

PLAT

Oxy-Powder® Colon Cleanse
All Natural Oxygen Cleanser. Rated Best Product Line by NaturalNews...
Clarkia Parasites Cleanse
Clarkia Tincture 2 oz, 4 oz, 8 oz, and 16 oz
Every Dr. Clark Video For Free

GOLD

Proven medical anti-diabetic benefits
Electrolyzed drinking water significantly reduces blood...
Proven Candida Diet
The Only Legitimate Diet for Treating Candida in 30 Days
Opc Oleander Capsules
HIV and Cancer Support, 15% discount with CZ discount code of LR001
Destroy Parasites Quickly
Learn How to Destroy Parasites And Be Free of Your Unbearable Sympt...

GOLD

Royal Cayenne Supreme
Royal Cayenne Supreme is a great food for the circulatory system. This ...
Detoxify and Cleanse Naturally
Drink ionized alkaline waters medically proven health benefits...
I Look 20 Years Younger!
My skin feels amazing!
Natural Cancer Remedies

SILVER

J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine
Free S&H. Restore lost reserves. J.CROW’S® Lugol’s Iodine Soluti...
Best Candida Treatment
Ccws™ Works Fast To Get Rid Of Candida.Feel Healthy.Money Back Guarant...
The Tesla Shield™
Transformational Technology For Mind Body And Soul.
Oasis Advanced Wellness
Premium natural health supplements including intraMAX superior organi...

Back To Top How many people click on the sponsord links? Become a Sponsor

Donate to CureZone

Share:  Facebook  MySpace  Digg  Reddit  StumbleUpon  Furl this page  Delicious  BlinkList  dzone  Simpy.com  Fark.com  BlogMarks  Wists.com  Google

Translate This Page:

French    German    Spain    Italian    Dutch    Russian    Portuguese    Japanese    Korean    Arabic    Chinese Simplified

Guest Book - Liver Flush FAQ - News - Link Exchange - Add URL - How To Exchange Links? - About Global Directory

Terms of Service - Privacy Policy - Spam Policy - Disclaimer - Guidelines & Rules - Forum Trolls - Fair use notice

Staff's pages:  Owen - Wrenn - Maya

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - About - Donors - Stats

Copyright 2014  curezone.org

fetched in 0.37 sec at 7/24/2014 4:41:03 PM, requested by 54.242.112.71, referred by http://curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1997571 , requested 1 pages during this session, y=2