Update on me....Been gone a while and looking for iodine help!
Forum: Iodine Supplementation VWT
- Update on me....Been gone a while and looking for iodine help!
Hi it is me Kristen......Big fan of this site for many years. You can look at my past postings but brief history:
* Had DCIS 16 yrs. ago and many hormone problems my whole life.
* Fell on this sight and was doing a lot of Iodine and selenium for a while.
* Read every post every day to learn and learn and learn. Even have all of Dr Brownsteins book.
* After reading up on thyroid issues (I had a lot of the symptoms) I decided I needed to go gluten free.
* After going gluten free, I started to feel worse and worse. Then all of a sudden, my throat felt swollen and I started getting symptoms of hyper thyroid.
* Long story short, got blood work done in January and was positive for both antibodies, thus the hashi diagnoses. My ND/chiropractor basically blamed the iodine for this. I stayed strict on the diet and even eliminated all grains.
* Vitamin D level was 25, but it was January. Iron and ferritin were low too (indicative of leaky gut?)
* Bought sun lamps and tried upping the "D" and got it to 34 in 7 weeks and still working on it.
* Adopted a very wholesome diet with bone broths, gluten free, lots of fruits and vegetables and grass fed beef and organic chicken (I am practically broke)
* I still don't feel good, in fact I feel worse. Here I am with this ultra clean diet and my glands are all swollen (apparently in hashis that happens because of the auto immunity)
* Needless to say, I am wanting to try the iodine again as I feel that at this point, I have nothing to lose. Gluten free didnt help, diet change and bone broths didnt help, chiropractor didnt help, grain, sugar, night shade and dairy free didnt help....I feel so defeated!
* My blood work showed that my thyroid was in range and the antibodies were about 200 so not bad.
* I am wondering if my gluten free/grain free diet PAIRED with the iodine/selenium protocol might help.
* I feel the goiter but I was feeling that off and on with the iodine. There is such conflicting information out there that it is so hard to know what to do. On this board, we all do what we think will help and hope we don't make things worse. I feel that I need something to kick this thing in the butt.
I am trying to stay stress free (that is a joke), eating all the right stuff, but I am not even close to feeling how I want to.
Any hashimotos people out there really cured of this auto immune condition?
Sorry it was long but I could really use some advice my neck and lymphs are mad right now!!
Thanks in advance to all......
Alert Webmaster & Moderators|
|DISCLAIMER Information available on this page and on CureZone is provided for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for the advice provided by a healthcare professional or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging. You should not use the information on CureZone for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease, or prescribing any medication or other treatment. Answers, comments and opinions provided on CureZone are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. CureZone does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in messages, comments or articles on CureZone. Your use of this website indicates your agreement to these terms and those published here. Read more ...||