CureZone
Old Format -> CureZone.INFO
Cortisol vs. Prednisone
Forum: Addisonís Disease Forum  
  • Cortisol vs. Prednisone   Child7   4y  2,145  
    This is NOT my avatar. This is just randomly assigned image, until I upload my own avatar. Click here to see my profile.
    Child7
    Cortisol vs. Prednisone

Date: 5/30/2010 2:37:19 PM   ( 4y ago )
    Hits:   2145   Size: 1861 char.   Report Spam or bad message   Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

I am struggling with adrenal exhaustion, I suspect my adrenals may be dead but hope for recovery after having taken as high as 140 mg Prednisone beginning about 4 months ago. I struggled to get down to 40 but as soon as a start to go to 35 I have trouble.

I wanted to know if it's possible to take cortisol instead of some of the prednisone, and how much of one would equal the other.

I  am already doing many nutritional things, but would be grateful for any and all suggestions that might help.

Currently I'm eating basically only hormone free meat, fish, chicken, pork, in small quantities, green leafy vegatables, fish oil, extra virgin olive oil. Actually the food tastes DELICIOUS. Once I got rid of the salt and sugar and starchy stuff (except for flaxseed meal which has virtually no starch), many of my food cravings went away.

However, this horrible Prednisone makes you gain wieght and want to eat more more more. It did keep me alive I'm sure, but I am wondering if they could have  used cortisol instead, which appears to have hardly any side effects, except for raising bloos pressure? that I have read of .

I would appreciate amny help SO much.

At my worst I couldn't breathe, I couldn't walk, I couldn't sleep because my breathing was so bad. I couldn't stay up at all and just have sleep all the time..

Now I can walk short distances and am using a walker somewhat, can stay up perhaps 4 to 6 hours total in a 24 hour period. I have to stop and rest frequently. And the side effects of the Prednisone have made me clumbsy, trouble remembering things etc.....

Thank you very much. 

Emy

Printer-friendly version of this page
    Email this message to a friend
    Bookmark this page/Add to Favorites or press Ctrl+D
    Alert Webmaster & Moderators
    Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message
    How do you feel about this message?     Like     Dislike       Hide this question

Attributes associated with this message:

You can

Find & Order All Messages Posted by Child7
    by
    DISCLAIMER
    Google Ads

Google Ads

Donate to CureZone

Guest Book - Liver Flush FAQ - News - Link Exchange - Add URL - How To Exchange Links? - About Global Directory

Terms of Service - Privacy Policy - Spam Policy - Disclaimer - Guidelines & Rules - Forum Trolls - Fair use notice

Homepages:  Owen - Wrenn - Maya

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - About - Sponsors - Stats

Copyright 2014  curezone.org

fetched in 1.11 sec at 12/17/2014 1:56:31 PM, requested by 54.204.94.228, referred by http://curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1630426 , requested 1 pages during this session, y=1